The Ministry Mechanics are excited to partner with Mountain View Church (MV.Church) to fill an available Tech Director position. MV.Church has been around for several
years and is reaching thousands in greater Phoenix area. They are modern church with multiple weekend experiences. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in leadership with a growing and thriving church. Below you'll find a job description and a link
to our website to see some video from the church and additional details about the position. Think you may be the right person for the job? Send your contact information, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
TITLE: Technical Director
REPORT TO: Worship Pastor
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
CATEGORY: Media/Technology - Music Ministry - Programming
CHURCH SIZE: 2500
The technical director leads a team of both staff and volunteers to assist in preparing for and executing weekend Celebrations.
In this role, the ideal candidate will work closely with the Worship Pastor to help lead and manage all production related events for both weekend Celebrations and also large events. This includes:
- Leading weekly projects and day-to-day operations
- Managing production related installations
- Supporting Worship staff
Ideal candidate must demonstrate a Chirst-centered life and the fruits of the spirit in a role that is high pressure and fast pace. Ideal candidate has great composure, can equally lead and follow well, is organized, can work and make decisions under pressure,
and can create and manage solid processes.
- Help facilitate weekly processes & meetings.
- Complete tasks and projects with attention to details, excellent resource and process management and hands-on contribution.
- Recruit, train and lead the weekend volunteer team.
- Manage and coordinate all activities from sound booth to stage in the Main Auditorium.
- Assist other team members with audio, lighting, video and stage setup.
- Purchase and maintain all technical (AVL) equipment for the church.
- Lead and coordinate the support team in helping the artists, speakers and executing stage moves.
- Run FOH on weekends.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sensitive to the Spirit with the ability to read the room, use good judgement, make quick decisions and act on them.
- Internally motivated while being well organized and detail oriented.
- Build, train, lead and maintain a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers.
- Must be able and willing to execute and complete tasks, whether mundane or repetitive or technically complex.
- Working knowledge with Digico console
- Understanding of Waves
- Working knowledge of Grand MA Lighting Console
- Studio recording and mixing experience using Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and/or other DAW’s
- Proficient with Pro Presenter
- Is on a first name basis with their local Barista