ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT NEEDED
Who we are:Calvary Chapel Paris (www.calvaryparis.com)
We are a non-denominational church who believes in God’s mission to our community. CCP follows the core values of Calvary Chapel. For our statement of faith, please visit our website.
What we provide:
- A growing church that seeks to do all things in excellence for God’s glory
- A steady, competent salary with annual wage reviews
- Medical benefits
- A professional, friendly environment
Calvary Chapel Paris is looking for a professional, competent, yet relational person with integrity and attention to detail who can efficiently provide support for the administration and logistics of our church.
This position is for a unique person who is able handle business and administration with good people skills at the same time.
Our church is located in the small city of Paris, Texas, about 2 hours northeast of Dallas. Our community is a great place for families with children of all ages, and there are many opportunities.
To ensure timely and accurate administrative support for Lead and Administrative Pastors and to assist in all office responsibilities. Hours will be Mon.-Thurs., 9am-5pm. It may also be necessary to work an additional Friday each month in preparing the financial
report for the Board of Directors.
- Answers telephone and responds to voicemail messages, notifies Lead/AdministrativePastor of critical issues.
- Screens emails and responds or notifies Lead/AdministrativePastor of critical issues.
- Maintains Lead and Assistant Pastor's weekly meeting/appointment schedules and calendar.
- Maintains organized digital files.
- Keeps office neat and organized.
- Files hard copy documents as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensures the hard copies are backed up with digital files that are also organized, easy to find and up to date.
- Assists Administrative Pastor in office problem resolution (i.e., computer viruses, copy machine malfunctions, etc.)
- Enters church member information into database.
- Responds to all correspondence, including emails, phone calls, text messages, Facebook posts, etc., unless the matter is specifically addressed to a pastor, in which case said pastor is notified.
- Maintains all office general files, including vendor contracts, insurance policies, building permits, etc.
- Serves as liaison between vendors and AdministrativePastor.
- Maintains vendor contract files and alerts AdministrativePastor when contracts are up for renewal.
- Maintains all monthly church operation expenditures, including bill payments and missionary support payments
- Keeps records of all expenditures
- Submits monthly financial reports for Board of Directors, Lead Pastor, and AdministrativePastor
- Gathers information for annual report and works with Lead Pastor/AdministrativePastor to create annual report document to mail out or present to the church members.
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality concerning the information, financial or otherwise, that pertains to the general operations of the office and members of CCP
- Performs other duties the Administrative Pastor requests.
- A growing and active relationship with Jesus Christ
- Good character
- Good attitude
- Good relational skills
- Ability to perform principal accountabilities with excellence
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks bookkeeping software
- Good communication skills
- At least 3-5 years of related experience in a church or nonprofit setting is preferred
- A working knowledge of church tax law
- Capable with Social Media.
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred
- Agreement with CCP’s Statement of Faith
You must also be subject to a criminal background test.
Calvary Chapel Paris is a great church to serve in with so much potential for growth and community impact. It is a friendly place where the grace of God is shown and the will of God is pursued. We want to see Jesus lifted high while disciples are being trained
Are you ready to learn, serve, and love God through this calling? We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.Please apply today by sending us your resume. We will get
back to you as soon as we can if you are a suitable candidate for the position. Thank you for your interest, please apply now.