Plymouth Covenant Church has an immediate opening for an Associate Worship Pastor / Technical Director. Our prayer and desire is to find someone who is a passionate worshipper, loves the Presence of God and wants to help others experience Him. You will be
joining a vibrant church and an exciting team in a beautiful western suburb of Minneapolis. Plymouth Covenant Church is: Biblical, Humble, Playful, Generous and Spirit-Led!
This Associate Worship Pastor / Technical Director position will work closely with the Jr. High and Sr. High Pastors to prepare for worship with students on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. This position will also work closely with the Worship Pastor
to assist in leading worship and the technical aspects of weekend services. This position additionally will provide oversight of all equipment and tech team volunteers.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in leading worship both technically and spiritually in a gathering of at least 500 people
- Experience leading worship cross generationally, with a focus on Jr. High and Sr. High students.
- Experience in raising up and preparing students to assist in leading worship; musically, vocally and technically.
- Experience mentoring and growing existing tech teams for all worship services and additional events.
- Experience building and growing volunteer teams for both student ministries and tech teams.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Technical music experience with competency for at least one instrument (more than one preferred)
- Experienced in directing other band members when working as a team, leading worship alone, both with flexibility and spontaneity
- Experience in leading worship for youth and training young musicians
- Knowledge and experience of sound systems, stage set up, lights (Jands Vista) & ProPresenter
- Other applications: Ableton (and/or other software of that nature), click track, multitracks, and Planning Center
- Post-Secondary education/training in music and ministry (preferred)
The Fitting Candidate:
- Loves God, has a personal relationship with Jesus, and is passionate for the Presence of God
- Loves students and adults; and can pastor a team within a culture of honor, as a servant leader and a team player
- Loves excellence and creativity, yet has a humble and teachable spirit
- Is self-motivated, and visionary; knows current music and introduces it early; is a natural builder of teams
- Is relational, discerning; knows when to pray or allow the Holy Spirit to speak through them
- Support the Worship Pastor and Lead Pastor in providing worship leadership for weekend services at PCC
- Work alongside the Student Ministry Pastors to lead and develop a worship ministry for Student Ministries
- Lead Encounter services in collaboration with the Worship Pastor
- Assist the Worship Pastor in recruiting, auditioning and building worship teams. Recruiting and building worship teams in the Jr. and Sr. High ministries as well.
- Assist the Worship Pastor in creating a strong team spirit and a culture of worship through team meetings and other activities of that nature
- Develops spiritual and technical ability in others to lead worship
- Train and develop young musicians from youth ministry
- Support the Worship Pastor in creating meaningful worship experiences in all ministry areas at PCC
- Bringing technical support to the pastoral team
- Oversight of all equipment, installations, set up, repair, organizing, logistics, etc.
- Stage set up and clean up for various events during the week and on weekends (i.e. Mondays Celebrate Recovery, Tuesday Encounter, Wednesday Youth etc.)
- Understanding Theater Lighting and its importance to create the right atmosphere during services
- Ability to run lights, program presets, moods, etc.
- Oversight of our lighting system, light fixtures, software, etc.
- Training volunteers to run lights, sound and presentations during our weekend services
- Coordinate volunteer teams to be available for additional events during the week
To apply, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your resume and a recent photo
- Links to video of you leading worship