Title: Director of Audio Visual
Reports to: Church Administrator
Franklin Avenue Baptist Church is currently seeking a
full-time Director of Audio Visual Media. This person plays a key leadership role and is responsible for the implementation and delivery of creative and technically excellent audio/visual media technology services to our campus, staff, and congregation.
The Director will be responsible for sound, lighting and visual media during services and events, and will be the liaison between church and contractors for AV concerns.
The Director will have a demonstrated ability to operate in stressful situations, strong organizational skills, research abilities and ability to adapt.
The Director will be a professional with advanced skills and experience in audio, video, and lighting. The Director will be able to build, lead and motivate a volunteer media Christian church ministry.
The Director will report to the Church Administrator and will collaborate closely with the music ministry team. This person will also work directly with staff and ministry leaders to understand and support their specific needs for media technology.
- Develop a robust, skilled, energetic and dedicated A/V Ministry.
- Promotes growth within the A\V Ministry as well as develop a training program to equip team members with the skill set needed to effectively operate the system.
- Establish standards of operation and quality for AV ministries and oversee continuous improvement against those standards.
- Responsible for maintaining AV and Facilities AV budgets within approved annual guidelines as well as developing written strategic and expenditure proposals as needed throughout the year and long term.
- Keep current with new technology development in equipment, hardware and computer software programs and plan for continual education of the AV team.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions relative to live audio, recorded audio, web audio, lighting and stage production for the church facility.
- Organizing and scheduling team members to execute services and special events.
- Team builder and team player who thrives in a fast moving, highly collaborative environment
- Possess an “artistic ear and eye” that will facilitate the highest level of audio and visual service from week to week.
- Provide trained, qualified AV operators for simultaneous Christian worship services; inclusive of Children Church, Youth Church and Bible Classes. Also, manage Revivals, Good Friday Service, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve Service, selected
ministry events, and other special events of FABC, including front of house engineer for Weddings and Funerals.
- Must have a general knowledge base to include:
- Signal Flow
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and instructional literature
- Termination Skills (CAT6, HD Video, Audio, DMX)
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- HD-SDI Video
- Video Switchers
- Broadcast Switchers
- Embedded Audio
- SMPTE Video Systems
- Distributed Systems
- DMX and SACN Lighting Systems
- Theatrical and House Lighting Systems
- Jands Vista or Grand MA Lighting
- Digital Audio Systems and Amplification
- L’Acoustics LA Network Manager
- Allen & Heath Digital Consoles
- General knowledge of mics and their intended applications
- Wireless Frequency Coordination
- Theatrical Motor Control
- Control Systems
- Maintenance & Safety
- Information Technology
- Basic Technology
- Fiber Optics
- Basics of VLAN
- Web Streaming
- A sufficient working technical knowledge to administer a Christian church A/V program.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with digital audio systems, lighting, video display and video production in a house of Christian worship or similar venue.
- Ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and lighting technical issues before and during worship services.
- Expertise with Live Audio, Post Production Audio, Lighting Design, and Live Video Broadcast
- Understanding how to maintain Audio Visual Equipment (computers, projectors, electronic consoles, lighting, camera equipment, etc.)
- Proven ability to lead and train in a spirit of Christian collegiality.
- Past Theatrical or Musical Experience (Church worship experience preferred)
- Installation of AV or Electrical experience is a plus
- Relevant software certifications or experience is a plus
- Two or four year degree in audio-visual or related field; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.