Are you looking for a great first full-time ministry job? Or a great opportunity to step up to a new pastoral opportunity making a difference in a highly unchurched area?
We’re looking for just the right “A” player to fill a key pastoral position here at The Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL!
Specifically, we’re looking for a Pastor of Growth Groups and Ministry / Teaching Pastor to join our team.
This is the perfect first full-time job in ministry for someone who is motivated, eager to work hard, and wants to really grow through hands-on training.
But… don’t apply unless…
- you love semester-based groups
- you’re familiar with (or willing to study) Nelson Searcy’s books Activate and Connect
- you have at least a Bachelor’s level education
However, if you’re passionate about groups and helping people take steps toward spiritual growth, church membership, and ministry involvement -- and you’re willing to devote yourself to “giving the people of South Florida the best opportunity to
become fully developing followers of Jesus,” you may be just the right fit!
Here’s the official position description:
Pastor of Growth Groups and Ministry / Teaching Pastor @ The Journey Church in Boca Raton:
The Journey is a contemporary 16-year old church with campuses in New York City, Queens, NY and Boca Raton, FL. The position of full-time Pastor of Growth Groups and Ministry is currently available at our location in Boca Raton, FL.
The Journey – Boca Raton began weekly services in February 2011, and since then has seen over 300 people baptized and averages 250 people in attendance each week.
The Pastor of Growth Groups and Ministry / Teaching Pastor position is full-time and reports directly to Lead Pastor Jason Hatley while working in harmony with the other pastors of the Boca Raton staff.
This pastor position would give leadership to The Journey’s Growth Groups and Ministry systems, as well as provide leadership in our assimilation system, and serve as a teaching pastor and member of the executive leadership team.
Salary is competitive and the position is available immediately (although we’re patient to find the right person).
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a great and growing team in a beautiful, although highly unchurched, part of the country.
So, are you called to serve in South Florida?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy Growth Group ministry that sees 100% of its adult attendance signed up for a group every semester?
The Journey - Boca Raton is working toward 15+ active groups for the Fall 2018 semester with over 40 leaders already in place. Can you work with our team to increase the number of groups each semester while raising up new leaders and equipping current leaders?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ‘serving as part of discipleship’ and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in Boca Raton, FL.
- Leadership, growth, and innovation of The Journey’s semester-based small groups ministry of over 200 people each semester.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate.
- Organizational and administrative skills are an absolute must.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey’s teaching team as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to serve as a supporting pastor
- The ability to manage a large and growing Growth Groups system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Comfortable in a non-Charismatic worship environment
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the book “Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups” by founding pastor Nelson Searcy? And are you familiar with the semester-based model of small group ministry?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to South Florida?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, but contacting the church in other ways shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered – ha (but true!).