Highlands Commmunity Church in Renton, WA is looking for a unique indiviual to join its growing team in the Worship and Creative Arts Ministry. This is a 30 hour a week position with benefits. The ideal candidate will have a strong music background (plays
either the piano or guitar) as well as high administrative skills and experience. If you are someone who feels called to the ministry of worship and desires to learn the full scope of a worship pastor's position, I want to talk to you. If you are someone
who has high administrative gifts and also loves to play on a worship team, I want to talk to you.
Under the direction of the Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts (PW), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to him, the worship staff and ministry teams. This person increases the efficiency and effectiveness of those
he/she supports with his/her administrative skills. He/she also sets a tone of responsiveness, encouragement, and professionalism in the church office environment. In summary, this position requires solid skills in Communication, Organization and Hospitality.
I. Assistant to the Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts
A. Maintain master worship/arts calendar—place dates on master calendar
and submit facility requests
B. Work with Communications Director on website for department and keep current and creative
C. Schedule any and all appointments, meetings, conferences for PW and department as requested
D. Screen all calls coming into Highlands related to worship ministry and transfer/refer to appropriate point persons.
E. Systematize department to make it user-friendly for volunteers
F. Maintain accurate records and track budget progress for expenditures, including check requests, credit card receipts, deposits, etc.
G. Plan periodic gestures of appreciation for volunteers
H. Maintain neat, orderly work environment
II. Worship/Event Administration
A. Weekly Worship
1. Schedule weekly teams through planning center. Confirm that all positions are filled for each weekend.
2. Recruit, train, and assist volunteers for decoration team
3. Coordinate facility request for Worship Center/Fellowship Hall/FLC (rehearsal) use
4. Keep up-to-date records for CCLI (Church Copyright License)
5. Prepare printed music for Worship Leaders and Instrumentalists to be ready on Wednesdays.
6. Schedule and track all auditions for worship ministry.
7. Be available to serve as musician on a worship team from time to time when needed.
8. Serve as vocal and/or band director during rehearsals on Wednesdays if gifted in those areas.
B. Worship Planning Meetings
1. Attend worship service planning meetings and take notes of meeting.
2. Follow up with PW concerning any changes that were discussed that need to be changed
C. Special Events/Services
1. Work with Tech Director to prepare order of program/pro-presenter
2. Secure instrumentalists, guest musicians
3. Prepare and distribute any necessary contracts
4. Secure sound technician(s)
5. Request room set up and takedown
III. Other Worship/Arts Ministries
A. Worship Teams
1. Maintain and update Planning Center with information from all who serve in the Worship Ministry at Highlands.
2. Prepare and distribute rehearsal agenda, all music for rehearsals
3. Maintain music library: music orders, cataloging inventory
4. Administrative assistance as needed by Children's Choir & Technical Arts Ministry
1. Announcement for bulletin
2. Act as coordinator for communion. Responsible for stocking communion supplies and communicating placement in worship service, and method of distribution to the lead usher.
3. Schedule teams for serving and preparing communion when needed
4. Recruit and enlist helpers to prepare communion as needed.
Gifts and Abilities Needed to Accomplish Job Duties:
>committed follower of Christ
>outstanding organizational skills
>workable knowledge of music terminology
>excellent computer skills
>open to learning new things
Please submit a cover letter, resume and any video examples of involvement on a worship team to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please at this time.