Throughout Rehoboth’s history of more than a century and a half, music has been one of God’s choice gifts to this congregation, and it is a gift that this congregation has cherished. This body of Christ relishes not only hearing worship music that inspires,
this congregation desires to actively participate in worship through music and other artistic gifts.
Serving as the Worship Pastor/Director at Rehoboth is an extraordinary opportunity that will provide a canvas for creativity and leadership in a diverse context. Our church is majority North American-born and White. At the same time, this congregation has
become multi-ethnic with many Black members and others that were born in Africa, Asia, Central America, and Europe. This diversity will increase in days ahead as will our generational diversity.
Worship at Rehoboth must compel us to a unified gospel community while also valuing the diverse heart musics of our congregation. Services should include newly released music selections as well as cherished worship music through the ages.
Rehoboth’s One Thing
Rehoboth has one focus that influences and drives our ministries. Rehoboth’s One Thing is: Leading others to follow Jesus, discipling them to mature and multiply. We live out this One Thing by being Good Neighbors that are intentional about knowing, loving,
and inviting our neighbors to follow Jesus with us.
The Worship Pastor/Director is responsible for providing spiritual oversight and direction in alignment with the Senior Pastor’s leadership for the entire Worship Ministry. This ministry role has 2 primary areas of responsibility: Leadership and Visioning
and Team Work and Administration.
Leadership and Visioning
The WP will work closely with the Senior Pastor and serve as the lead coordinator and planner for all worship services.
Responsibilities include coordination of teams, services, systems, equipment, and rehearsals:
- Teams: Band, Vocalists/Praise Team, Choirs, Media Team, and Sound Team. Teams will be scheduled and used on a regular basis.
- Services: The Worship Pastor/Director will lead Worship Services as well as Special Services (Easter, Christmas Evening Service (2nd Sunday), Christmas Eve, etc)
- Systems: Develop and Manage Planning Center Online and all of its functions.
- Equipment: Personally, as well as train teams, to care for, use, and maintain all equipment used for worship ministry.
- Rehearsals: The Worship Pastor/Director will hold a weekly rehearsal to prepare the band and vocalists for each service.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the Children and Student Ministry Directors to develop efforts to enhance worship arts within their ministries.
- Shepherding: Approach this ministry with a view toward discipling the people that are part of the Worship Ministry and the Rehoboth family so that they live out Rehoboth’s One Thing.
- Stewardship: Steward the Worship Ministry budget to acquire new music, host guest vocalist, musicians, and groups, and acquire visual elements that complement the service.
Teamwork and Administration
Work with the Senior Pastor to collaborate and develop worship services and elements that compliment his vision and the ministries of Rehoboth Baptist Church. Additional responsibilities include:
- Selection of worship music consistent with the Pastors' messages
- Oversee AV team and all volunteers/staff
- Oversee visual elements to enhance worship
- Oversee visual presentation of the song service;
- Recruit, train, schedule, and enthusiastically and skillfully support, disciple, nurture, and direct the Worship Team and any choirs, instrumentalists, musical ensembles, or soloists.
- Oversee music or drama for other special services or concerts or dramatic productions.
- Shepherd the people under his immediate care, as well as caring for others.
- Oversee the maintenance and use of musical, electronic, sound, lighting, and media systems.
- Work with others to evaluate the music programs and implement goals and standards for improvement, and to oversee the day to day administration of the music program.
- Oversee use of AV equipment related to worship: care, storage, setup, and tear down.
- Utilize Planning Center Online, developing details of worship services 3-4 weeks in advance of each service.
- Select and purchase music according Rehoboth purchasing practices.
- Identify and confirm guest worship leaders, vocalists, musicians, and music groups, ensuring payment processes, when applicable, are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate worship details and plans in a timely manner with Rehoboth staff and volunteers.
- Mobilize and use volunteers (including volunteer teams) to fulfill as many administrative responsibilities as possible.
- Maintain and keep current all music and/or video licensing accounts.
- Maintain a well-organized music library, including all printed and digital music.
NOTE: This job description is believed to be an accurate description of this ministry role. No job description, however, can anticipate all ministry needs, so the Senior Pastor may revise the responsibilities as necessary. Annually, the
Senior Pastor will visit with the Worship Pastor/Director to evaluate the previous year’s goals and ministry efforts.