YOUTH PASTORAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lead and facilitate a weekly youth gathering. (6th-12th grade)
- Create a youth friendly environment and opportunities for connection. (Day Trips, Retreats, Attractional Events, etc.)
- Participation in Network events. (Fine Arts, Summer Camp, Convention, etc.)
- Give personal pastoral care to students and invest in their relational contexts.
- Partner with parents, students, and volunteer leaders to effectively disciple, evangelize, and teach a Christian worldview not just bible stories.
- Lead and facilitate youth small groups.
- Equip students to reach their campus and friends with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
ASSOCIATE PASTORAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist the Lead Pastor in facilitating gatherings and events (Prayer Times, Communion, Baptism, Setup, Planning, etc.)
- Preach on occasion as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Attend staff meetings and network events.
- Attend all church worship gathering (and church events as designated by Lead Pastor) with the attitude and awareness of a leader.
- Must have a growing relationship with Jesus marked by the fruits of the spirit, a consistent prayer/devotional life, and a strong character above reproach.
- Must be a biblically qualified leader as described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2.
- Must have a heart for people and ability to relate to both students and adults.
- Must be teachable with the desire to grow as a person and pastor.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of casting and imparting vision but still able to follow leadership and direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Must be team oriented and willing to serve the body of Christ outside the silo of youth ministry.
- Must be a capable communicator of God’s Word to students and agree with the 16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God. (If not already held, credentials with the Assemblies of God will be pursued.)
PREFERENCES: (Desired but not Required)
- Previous youth pastoral experience (2+ years)
- Bachelors degree in a field of ministry or equivalent ministry training
- Ability to invest in an additional area of ministry (tech, social media, young adults, music, etc.)
- Desire for longevity and willingness to invest to build God’s church. (Not just blow in and bail out.)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary & Benefits will be negotiable, competitive, and established by the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Applicants of interest will be sent a Q&A packet to help us better understand you and your heart for ministry. If possible please include in your email a short video (1-3 min) that introduces who
you are, your passions, and why you’re applying for this job.