Title: AVL Technician
Recruited By: Worship & Communications Pastor
Staff Grade: Non-Exempt, Hourly Full-Time Staff
Accountability: Reports to the Operations Director
Ministry: Worship & Communications
Summary of Position: Responsible for supporting audio, visual, stage, and theatrical lighting for weekend services and any production events throughout the week.
Purpose: To provide high quality and excellent service, with the right heart attitude, offering audio and visual support to all ministries. In doing so the mission and vision of Faithbridge can be carried out at all times.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with Sunday worship and weekly event production
- Provide audio, video, and lighting support for various ministries and events throughout the week
- Manage and organize the inventory and repair of AVL equipment.
- Assist with design and construction of stage backdrops and props
- Program stage lighting
- Provide presentation tech support for events
- Must be flexible to work weekends (incl. Sunday mornings) and evenings during the week
- This job description is not all-inclusive and can be modified verbally or in writing by employee’s supervisor.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of various production elements (ETC Ion board, lighting, etc)
- Basic understanding of audio design
- Understanding of audio signal flow and audio system setup
- Must understand hookup and maintenance of projection and video systems
- Must be capable of technical troubleshooting in the areas of audio and projection systems
- Must be familiar with computer applications that directly relate to work
- Must be able to focus on task at hand
- Self-motivated, problem solver with the ability to think of your feet and make smart decisions.
- Must be biblically sound and exhibit personal conduct that reflects positively on the integrity of the church
- Must be trustworthy and confidential
- Must be a team player and have good people skills
- Must have good discernment in making decisions
- Some college credits preferred
This position shall be directly accountable to the Operations Director and through the Operations Director to the Worship & Communications Pastor. This position will have contact with church attendees and paid staff.
Position is approximately 40 hours per week. Must be physically able to lift 50 lbs., and work well under pressure.
Strong interpersonal skills, keen initiative, detail oriented, strong technical skills, ability to use discernment in making decisions, and a team player.