Title: Audio Visual Coordinator (Full-Time)
Ministry Area: Worship Ministries
Accountability: Pastor of Worship Ministries & Executive Pastor
Ministry Mission: To implement the ministries of South Church through audio, visual, lighting, and electronic media
Education: 4 year Bachelor Degree or equivalent (with relevant coursework preferred)
Experience: 3 years in relevant field (preferred); experience with mixing audio on digital console
Compensation: TBD according to experience and qualifications
- A testimony of conversion and an evident commitment to following Jesus Christ.
- Understands and is committed to the doctrinal statement, ministry ethos, philosophy, and vision of South Church and its policies.
- Values the ministry of every generation at South and is committed to various styles of music within the various worship services.
- Execute the media needed for all morning and evening worship services, weddings, funerals, special events and other scheduled activities in the Worship Center and other South-related locations
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers in areas of sound, lighting, projection, videographers and other Media room helpers
- Train teachers on classroom AV equipment when necessary
- Troubleshoot classroom AV-related problems and provide Sunday morning technical support to all teachers
- Responsible for the timely set-up, take-down, storage, inventory, repair and maintenance of all audio/visual equipment owned by South Church
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA and South Church standards for sound reinforcement
- Responsible for all types of media recordings (CD and DVD) of all services and other requested events along with maintaining the highest level of post-production quality possible
- Responsible for keeping the Media Ministry content up-to-date and maintain the archive library of messages and programs in conjunction with the Webmaster
- Facilitate and schedule the web-streaming of all pertinent South Church events
- Carry out the vision and mission for the Media Ministry set forth by worship pastor
- Help create and edit videos for church services and other ministries
- Assist with the development of the budget for the ministry needs and submit to worship pastor