Living Word Church of Jasper, Ga. is looking for a Part Time, transitioning to Full Time High School Student Pastor to serve the youth (grades 6 – 12) at our church. It is preferred but not required to be a married Man & Woman, and have a passion for youth
as well as Christian Education and service. A resume and cover letter should be submitted to: Lead Pastor, Living Word Church 215 Pioneer Industrial Blvd. Jasper, Ga. 30143 or email to email@example.com
The Student Pastor will continue an established comprehensive, Biblically-based, service-oriented Student ministry program for grades 6 - 12 in our Wednesday Evening program. Programs and activities should be designed to nurture the spiritual growth of the
youth so that they will reach out and serve others, impacting with the love of Christ.
Student Pastor will be expected to participate in Sunday morning services also.
1) Confessed and committed disciple of Jesus Christ
2) Successful experiences working with youth
3) Willingness to attend training as a requirement of the Church for anyone working with youth and submit to a criminal background check
4) Demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively with others
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in youth ministry with responsibilities for organizing and planning
Accountability: The Student Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor and be accountable to the Elder Board. The Student Pastor is expected to work closely with the Leadership, Children’s Pastors and volunteers.
Time Requirements: This position entails, on average, 8-10 hours per week. The number of hours may vary depending on seasonal and program demands.
1) Lead Student Ministry and develop age appropriate activities that promote fellowship, fun and faith. Interact with youth and their parents to develop program that supports resilient and strong families. The Student Pastor will work to develop and maintain
mutually respectful relationships with youth, their families and congregation.
3) Provide weekly updates in email that goes out to congregation and parents. Additionally, provide monthly updates for the church Leadership.
4) Maintain records of activities, including participants, Budgets, permission slips, and incident/accident reports.
5) Attend Leadership meetings monthly as needed giving records of youth activities and inform them of your goals and accomplishments.
6) Identify, recruit, develop, and mentor youth leaders and volunteers.
7) Organize and plan youth-led church services with the Lead Pastor, Worship Pastor, and Children’s Pastor.
8) Assist youth in identifying church/community needs both physical and spiritual. Lead youth in developing a mission plan to help meet those needs via service/ministry projects.
9) Help with implementation of Vacation Bible School and Outreach activities, enlisting 6th-12th grade youth volunteers.
10) Plan, coordinate and lead local and non-local mission trips.
11) Coordinate activities and programs with youth groups from other churches.
12) Assist youth in the design of fundraisers that will provide funds for special projects or trips. All fund raisers must be supported by the youth, approved by Leadership and supervised by the Student Pastor and volunteers.
13) Pursue continuing education opportunities in order to maintain current knowledge and spiritual growth.
14) Perform other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor or Elders.
Compensation and Evaluation:
Pay will vary depending on experience, Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Elders.