PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2H2LfpJ
About the Organization:
Waters Edge Church (WEC) is a growing, contemporary church, with history and current loose ties to the Southern Baptist denomination. It was planted out of the Liberty Baptist Church of Hampton, VA where Lead Pastor Stu Hodges served as the Student Pastor.
Starting in 2003, with just 50 people and a laser-focus on reaching those who are far from God, Waters Edge has grown to nearly 3,000 people attending each week at one of the four campuses (Hampton, Yorktown, Newport News, and Williamsburg). Their passion
for unchurched people is reflected in their tagline – “We will change the way you think about church.”
The reputation of Waters Edge in the community is pristine, and the church is well positioned for growth in the coming years. They are known for their focus on reaching the lost and their accessibility to people who do not attend church, for their fun and
creative worship services, and for outstanding, practical, relevant Bible teaching and commitment to connecting people in groups.
About the Position:
The Executive Director of Programming and Creative Arts will be responsible for overseeing the weekly execution of engaging worship experiences, creating strategies for effective marketing and branding, and directing all the communication strategies of Waters
Edge Church. They will also oversee the audio, lighting, and video technology for Waters Edge.
The Executive Director of Programming and Creative Arts will be a natural born leader with previous ministry experience in the areas of programming, worship, marketing, and creative arts.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
An undergraduate degree is preferred. A seminary degree or further theological training is a bonus but not required. A bachelor’s degree in a creative field, like journalism, marketing, or fine arts would be ideal for this position.
Additionally, the ideal candidate for this role will have five to 10 years of experience in a multisite environment.
- Actively involved in the overall leadership, strategy, and direction of the church.
- Working under the leadership of and partnering with the Lead Pastor to fulfill the vision of Waters Edge Church.
- Providing specific oversight to the total worship experience – from planning to execution to critique.
- The champion of video teaching for multi-site and online audiences.
- Responsible for developing and managing the annual programming and communications budget.
- Ensuring consistent programming experiences across all the campuses.
- Overseeing and providing vision to experiences and special events that involve programming resources.
- Required to work at all weekend worship experiences, all worship experiences on Christmas Eve and Easter, as well as other possible events outside of normal working hours as required by leadership.
- Providing consistent evaluation of the programming and communications staff to include job performance, satisfaction, cultural representation and budget use.
- Constantly creating, critiquing, and improving processes and programs to include the latest in technology and worship arts.
- Programming weekly worship experiences that are relevant, creative, and executed with excellence.
- Programming communication for the weekly worship experience that emphasizes the culture and values of Waters Edge.
- Planning upcoming series and coordinating marketing and creative aspects of the series with other ministries and vendors.
- Creating marketing strategies and campaigns that strengthen the brand of Waters Edge and further the mission.
- Overseeing the production of creative and effective promotional and in-service videos and creating strategies to use video to communicate the values and mission of Waters Edge.
- Overseeing the audio, lighting, and video technology for Waters Edge.
- Championing the use of social media to strengthen the brand and further the mission.
- Working alongside other fun, vibrant, and creative staff members on our Executive Management Team.
About the Location:
Waters Edge Church is located in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of Virginia with campuses in Yorktown, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg, the area is steeped in 400 years of American history. Hundreds of historical sites and attractions in the area
draw visitors from around the world each year.
Yorktown is part of the Historic Triangle (along with Williamsburg and Jamestown), and is rich in Revolutionary and Civil War history. With its proximity to beautiful beaches, rivers, the Blue Ridge Mountains, outstanding schools, and a high quality of
life, Hampton Roads is undoubtedly a great place to live and raise a family.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2H2LfpJ