Student Ministries Director HBCNM
This position provides leadership to High School Ministry (HSM) and Junior High Ministry (JHM) under the umbrella of Family Ministries with the focus of aligning these ministries with the overall vision of HBCNM.
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- Shows a great love for students and an understanding of student culture
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity, humility to follow, and ability to lead
- Must lead and oversee all aspects of student ministry
- Develops a clear and simple philosophy of student ministry that can be easily articulated and aligns with the mission and pillars of Harvest Bible Chapel North Muskegon
- Displays passion and ability to build positive relationships with all members of church staff, parents of students, and lay volunteers
- Continually seeks to grow and be willing to engage in a culture of feedback
- Regularly informs parents through meetings, email, text messages, and social networks of teaching topics, upcoming events, and activities
Professional Skills & Experience Required:
Strong leader with ability to cast vision and plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement student ministry. Must demonstrate the ability to teach the Word of God in a way that is relevant to youth. Excellent written and verbal communication, conflict
management, and computer skills required. At least 2+ years of student ministry experience as a volunteer or staff member.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree preferred