Title: Worship Arts Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: 20 hours per week
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: June 25, 2018
Trinity United Methodist Church is an 1800 member congregation located in northwest New Jersey in a small town setting. The congregation worships at one of four weekly worship services, in 3 campus locations. Styles are casual, contemporary and traditional,
and include a Saturday evening worship service and 3 Sunday morning services. Total average attendance at all weekend worship services is approximately 575. Worship is currently enhanced by 3 vocal choirs, 4 English Handbell choirs and 4 praise bands. The
ministry of the church includes extensive mission outreach, multiple small groups and significant community service. The mission statement of the congregation is that we are “a fellowship seeking to share the love and word of Jesus Christ with all.”
Purpose: The ministry of the Worship Arts Coordinator is to support the existing music ministry of the church and develop, coordinate, and invite additional music and worship arts persons and groups to participate in worship services. This
ministry will help provide inspirational worship experiences which encourage people to grow in their intimacy with God.
- Assist in the planning of all worship services in conjunction with the pastoral staff.
- Chair the planning, visioning, team building, and budgeting of the Worship Arts Ministry Team and attend the Worship Ministry Team meetings.
- Ensure that information regarding worship arts is submitted to the relevant parties in a timely manner for the weekly worship services.
- Recruit and schedule musicians for summer music for 10:45 worship and all other services as needed.
- Make connections with outside community groups and individuals who might be willing to participate in worship services and make all the arrangements.
- Recruit, develop, and direct individuals of all ages in the church family to utilize their gifts and talents to serve in the worship ministry, musically, creatively, or technologically. This may include visual and performing arts.
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to ensure that the use of space, transitions, set up, and equipment are arranged for all services.
- Oversee and coach the members of the audio and video teams.
- Work with staff and volunteers to develop videos and slide shows for use in worship services as needed.
- Occasionally use his/her personal creative talents in worship experiences.
- Support, guide, and encourage those who serve in this ministry.
- Oversee music staff and volunteer music leaders and support them in their ministry as needed.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Demonstrate mature Christian character with a heart for worship
- A person who demonstrates vision and creativity
- Organized with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative problem solving spirit
- Music leadership experience
- Appreciation and knowledge of varied styles of worship music
- Familiarity with technology used in worship
Education: College degree or experience in relevant field preferred
Salary: $20,000 – $22,500