Cityview Community Church is seeking a full-time Communications Director/Children’s Ministry Coordinator beginning in July 2018. This person will function in two separate but overlapping roles (approximately 50% time devoted to each). As Communications Director,
they will be responsible for all church communications (including social media), office management, and administrative/clerical duties; as Children’s Ministry Coordinator, they will be responsible for coordinating, administrating, recruiting and training in
Kids’ City, our children’s ministry.
Job Title: Communications Director/Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Organizational Relationship: Although this position requires working closely with the Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministries, because many of the specific responsibilities involve the whole church, this position will report to and be evaluated
by the Senior Pastor.
Primary Function: To develop and direct all aspects of children’s ministry, which includes Sunday mornings, activities/events, backyard kids’ clubs and childcare. To ensure excellent communication and careful administration of all church business.
To assist the staff in carrying out the mission, vision, and values of the church.
- A vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated experience in leading children’s ministry, preferably vocational, and ideally some communications/administrative experience
- Strong agreement with the church’s statement of faith, core values, and philosophy of ministry
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as family or children’s ministry, or communications), or substantial experience working in similar fields
- Recruit, train and coordinate all Kids’ City volunteers
- Manage distribution of curriculum/crafts/supplies for workers
- Observe, evaluate, support and develop classroom workers
- Coordinate all church communication, including regular communication with families in children’s or youth ministries
- Serve as the first contact in outside communication
- Develop and maintain Cityview’s social media presence
- Assist with graphic design, website, and other media as able
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed, including safety and sanitation procedures in Kids’ City
- Support the pastoral staff in their duties
- Manage the office, including clerical and administrative duties
- Assist the staff in other duties as assigned
- Represent Christ and Cityview well in all personal and professional communication and conduct
- Become a member of Cityview Community Church
- Participate in a Community Group and/or Journey Group
To find out more about Cityview including our mission, vision, and values visit our website http://www.cityviewcc.net/.
To apply please submit a cover letter, résumé, and philosophy of ministry to email@example.com by June 20, 2018.