CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR
High School Ministry Director – Job Description
- An evident heart and love for God and His church
- Agreement with the Mission/Vision of Church of the Open Door and the COD Students Ministry
- Must be a member of Church of the Open Door
- A passion to point young people to Jesus
- A minimum of 3-5 years of youth ministry or related experience
- Training in biblical and pastoral counseling
- Relational skills that are well suited for student ministry, which includes building relationships with parents and adult leaders.
- A humble spirit, eagerness to learn, responsible work ethic, and a servant’s heart to accomplish tasks
- A team player with a willingness to be assigned responsibilities as well as a self-starter with assertiveness to work independently
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Anticipated work time: 40-45 hours per week.
The High School Ministry Director will seek to “Ignite a PASSION for Christ in the Lives of Students” at the assigned campus. This person will care for, shepherd and disciple high school students, parents, and adult leaders who serve with the Student Ministry.
They will work in conjunction with the Junior High Coordinator and the COD Students staff on other campuses to design a program that honors Christ and serves students and their families well. This position also needs to communicate well with the Children’s
Ministry Coordinator for the assigned campus in order to best serve families together.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Disciple students to become passionate and devoted followers of Jesus.
- Make time each week to be available to help students or parents respond Biblically to the struggles and victories in life.
- Teach Scripture in a relevant and engaging way
- Recruit and train leaders who desire to see young people encouraged and equipped to follow Jesus
- Connect with students outside of the church building and encourage leaders to do the same
- Encourage the “attend one service & serve in one service” mentality with students so they will take ownership in being a part of the church.
- Participate in weekly campus staff meeting
- Meet regularly with their counterparts serving in COD Students across all campuses and plan calendar, special events and teaching series
- Plan weekly meetings to intentionally point students to Jesus. This includes everything from when the students step onto campus until they leave the property.
- Work to design an environment for students to connect in small groups.
- Coordinate teaching schedule
- Embrace and promote the multisite model for students and help shape it so that COD can help the people of York County find and follow Jesus.
- Communicate effectively with parents, leaders, and students through social media, myCOD, and handouts.
- Oversee the attendance system and follow up with visitors.
- Coordinate retreats, camps, mission trips and outreach activities in connection with Campus Pastor and other appropriate COD ministry teams.
- Prepare for and lead adult youth leaders meetings.
- Help with special campus wide events when requested.
- Meet regularly with Campus Pastor
- Other duties as assigned.