Job Title: Kids Pastor, Mineral Wells Campus
New River Fellowship (NRF) is seeking to fill an open role in Kids Ministry. The Kids Pastor will provide vision, direction, teaching, and leadership development for the Kids Ministry (Kindergarten-5th grade) of New River Fellowship in order to
fulfill our mission of connecting kids to Jesus and equipping them to live out His purpose.
New River Fellowship is one church in three locations: Hudson Oaks, Benbrook and Mineral Wells. This position is located at Mineral Wells, where average Sunday attendance in Kids Ministry is 40.
What are the main responsibilities of this position?
30% Teaching, Weekly ministry execution, summer events execution
30% Leading, shepherding and overseeing volunteer team
15% Colaborating with a paid staff team of 2-5 team members
15% Support developing/ implementing / cultivating Kids Ministry vision, strategy and churchwide alignment
10% Administration and church wide efforts
What are necessary skills and background for this position?
- Character qualities of an elder described in 1 Timothy 3
- Education or training in Bible, child development and kids ministry. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Alignment with the mission, vision and core beliefs of NRF
- Ministry licensing or ordination preferred
- 2+ years’ experience leading a kids ministry in a dynamic, creative, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and development of volunteers
- Ability to handle multiple high-level projects simultaneously
- A passion for kids and families
- Self-motivated and disciplined
If you are interested in this position, please respond to the initial questions below and email them, along with your resume to email@example.com. Acknowledgement of your email will be given within two business days.
1. Why are you seeking to change employment?
2. Why are you interested in New River Fellowship?
3. Describe your prior experience in leadership of Kids Ministry and aligning to the necessary skills portion of the job description.
4. Why are you drawn to kids and family ministry?
5. Describe your faith journey (1-2 paragraphs max).
6. NRF schedules several "all hands on deck" events where all staff assists in some capacity for at least a couple hours. These include Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday, and summer events. Is this something that you would be able to do most of the time?
7. The position requires an average of 40 hours per week. Are there any reasons why you would not be able to adhere to this workload?
8. If not already included in your resume, please provide any results you have taken from personality assessments (Gallup Strengths Finder, Myers Briggs, DISC, etc.) and/or spiritual gifts tests.
9. Please confirm that you align with the Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs found here on our website: https://www.newriver.tv/about/
10. Staff members fully embrace the mission of New River Fellowship to connect people to Jesus and equip them to live out His purpose. The mission is fulfilled when we gather in His presence, grow in group ministry and go in our gifts. At a minimum, a staff
member’s embracing of the mission includes the items below. Please confirm that you understand the staff expectations and indicate any concerns you may have at this time.
• To be a member of New River Fellowship
• To regularly attend worship at New River Fellowship
• To tithe (10%) my salary from New River Fellowship to the ministry of New River Fellowship
• To respect and encourage other staff members and volunteers in order to support them in ministry service.
• To always be looking for opportunities to multiply and develop volunteers in my area of ministry
• To develop my skills and talents on an ongoing basis in order to continually improve my ability to perform my job
• To serve under the authority of the Board of Elders and the Core Pastor Team