The purpose of the Production Director is to provide direction and leadership for all technical and live production aspects of weekend worship services, conferences and special events held at Freedom House Church. This position has the responsibility of
overseeing all production teams, equipment & operations that involve lighting, audio, live video, CG, and set design. The Production Director will need to be someone that has the ability to build and lead the volunteer weekend Production Team, establish and
maintain serving schedules, recruit and train new volunteers, and evaluate performance of volunteer production team members. This position will also serve as technical producer on weekends, remain proficient on technical and production equipment, maintain
all technical equipment, and assist with stage sets and designs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (not limited to the following) Are:
- Build healthy volunteers teams through investment, training & development.
- Execute the programming of Weekend Services, Conferences & Events.
- Develop & implement systems that ensure great experiences for volunteers & attendees.
- Operate, maintain and safeguard the technical assets involved with weekend worship services, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, video/lighting systems, and communications equipment.
- Advise all production assistants, lighting, video and sound designers, on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the ministries, and supervise the implementation of approved technical designs.
- Supervise and assist with set and stage construction and management.
- Manage and assist with the recruitment, training & assignment of volunteer and/or paid technical/production staff.
- Assist with the preparation and control of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies.
- Attend and/or provide support for all production and worship rehearsals.
- Make recommendations to your supervisor/church leadership regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Design, set up, maintain, and operate the lighting, video and audio systems for external events and church-affiliated events (when requested).
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of ministry leadership experience at a church or para-church ministry of 1,500 weekly attendees or greater. Candidate will have a proven ability to strategically develop and lead teams, while maintain
fruit-bearing relationships with both staff and volunteers. While education is not a pre-determining factor for this role, the ideal candidate may have an advanced degree or certification in television, media, communications, or a related technical field.
Others skills deemed valuable for this position:
- Working knowledge of IMAG, Pro Tools, Planning Center, Apple and/or Microsoft-related software (i.e., Word, Excel, Keynote, etc).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical, strategic thinking and collaborative problem solving abilities.
- Proven experience and knowledge in AVL wiring and repair.
- Have knowledge and skills in stage set building and design.
- Ability to mix both live and recorded audio for post-production usage.