The Student Pastor will have a heart for ministry within the local church context and be passionate about reaching the next generation with the hope and salvation message of the Gospel. This person must possess the qualities of life and practice that demonstrate
spiritual maturity, leadership excellence and teamwork. This person should be able to effectively administrate and organize a large student ministries program by mobilizing volunteers to multiply the ministry effectiveness. He should be a strong oral and written
communicator. He will be a role model to students, as well as someone who is able to shepherd the student body and earn the respect and confidence of students, leaders, and parents. He must possess strong relational and conflict management skills, be relevant,
have the ability to build and lead teams and display a genuine passion for students finding and following Christ.
II. Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of hands-on student ministry experience.
- Systematic team building and leadership development.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to lead teams effectively.
- Passion for the Church, Cornerstone’s vision, people and serving in the Kingdom.
- Committed to and personally vested in the well-being and success of middle-school, high-school and college students at Cornerstone.
- Organizational, practical and goal-oriented leadership.
- Knowledge of systems and structures of Cornerstone.
- Passion for learning and excitement to learn through experience.
- Pastoral, discerning and confident leadership.
- Professional representation of Cornerstone and the Lord in all things.
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver message content and programming in middle-school and high-school worship/large-group environments.
- Oversee scheduling and programming for college events/groups.
- Create a culture within student ministry that connects students as Ministry Partners to worship, serve, pray, build healthy community and grow as leaders within the church.
- Build leadership teams that involve students and empower them to serve.
- Spend time evaluating and developing each Ministry Partner and identify next steps for them and through regular communication/meeting opportunities.
- Plan schedule of events for middle-school, high-school and college ministry.
- Strategically promote student events using all available platforms, including Sunday mornings, print publications, church-wide weekly communications and social media.
- Actively engage in social media for students and parents to stay connected to student ministry.
- Regularly communicate with parents to keep them informed and add value to their families, equipping them to disciple their students.
- Relationally serve students and their pastoral care needs.
- Actively connect with schools within the greater Athens area to promote participation in student ministry.
- Personally connect with every student (or parents of student, as applicable) who fills out a connection card in a student service.
- Regularly communicate with senior leadership and other departments regarding all efforts, activities and events within the student ministry.
- Oversee the appearance of student ministry environments.
- Oversee the budgets for student ministry.
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move students from a personal relationship with Christ through the discipleship systems and structure implemented by Cornerstone.
- Serve as liaison on behalf of student ministry for the small groups systems and structure implemented by Cornerstone.
- Serve as liaison on behalf of student ministry for Growth Track (new member assimilation) systems and structure implemented by Cornerstone.
- Serve as liaison on behalf of student ministry for Ministry Partner systems and structure implemented by Cornerstone.
- Build and lead guest services teams within student ministry.
- Lead efforts and build teams to recruit, train and release small group leaders within student ministry.
- Track and report defined statistics with efforts to monitor and manage the “health” of student ministry.
- Plan and prepare for denominational student events, e.g., Lee Day, Summer Camps, Teen Talent, etc.
- Plan and prepare for special events that advance Cornerstone’s student ministry.
- Any other reasonable task and responsibility asked to perform.