Work Schedule: 20 hours a week M-TH 9:00 am – 2:00 or 2:30 pm depending on half hour lunch. Additional hours may be required during busy times of the church year.
Salary Range: $13-$15 depending on experience
Benefits: Concordia Retirement Plan (CRP), Concordia Retirement Savings Plan (CRSP), and the Concordia Disability Survivor Plan (CDSP), 8 paid holidays, 1 paid personal day
Reports to: Pastor
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant supports the Pastor and Worship Director with the administrative functions related to a church office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: word processing, managing data base & computer systems information,
working with staff & congregation members and liaison with the community. Position requires high level of confidentiality.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
• Prepare weekly worship bulletins, the Weekly Bulletin Insert (WBI), and other flyers and publications as needed.
• Assist the Director of Worship with preparation of Easy Worship and/or PowerPoint presentations for services.
• Prepare monthly newsletters—E-Newsletter and printed newsletter.
• Handle prayer requests via email prayer chain.
• Email assignments to worship participants including scriptures readings for the day.
• Maintain master calendar and coordinate with groups with events on the calendar.
• Monitor and maintain office equipment and supplies in work room and office.
• Manage the voicemail system.
• Update membership information on church data base.
• Update Resurrection’s website and Facebook page.
• Maintain subscriptions and copyright information.
• Maintain bulletin boards.
• Pick up and sort mail daily.
• Greet people as they enter the church office and answer phones; connect each person to the appropriate staff member for their inquiry or provide general troubleshooting as able.
• Serve as assistant to the Pastor, providing administrative services as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by Pastor.
• Strong Christian faith and a servant's heart.
• 2-3 years of administrative office experience.
• Proficiency with E-mail, calendar programs and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Self-directed and independent.
• Experience with multi-line, modern telephone equipment.
• An understanding of office workflow and basic policies and procedures in the office environment.
• An orderly, methodical, and prioritized approach to tasks.
• Ability to stay calm, focused, and flexible while managing several processes and priorities at one time in a highly interruptible environment.
• Excellent written, proofreading, and editing skills able to compose prayers and announcements.
• Articulate verbal and communication skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Cooperative and caring attitude.
• Understanding of data base programs and presentation software (RLC uses Shepherd 's Staff and Easy Worship. Training provided as needed).
• Working knowledge of websites and Facebook.
• Familiarity with both liturgical worship and contemporary worship models; understanding of liturgies and ability to read music is a plus.
• RLC’s office environment requires the ability to stand, sit, bend, and walk up & down stairs.
Please sumbit cover letter and resume.