Job Summary: This position is responsible for advancing the strategy of connecting adults into campus serve and joining a group. Incumbent will oversee first time guest follow
up, Life with Oak Hills Church (LWOH) follow up, and any additional areas of assimilation. They will also coordinate campus events which will provide a sense of corporate identity for both staff and congregation, and other events as needed.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads volunteer team and elders to facilitate connecting into campus serve and joining a group.
2. Delivers Life with Oak Hills membership presentation; ensures materials and classroom are ready. Follows up with attendants.
3. Develops and facilitates the systems and processes for members to explore and determine their next steps. I.e. Pastoral Care, Membership, Campus Serve, Join a group, New to Faith class, Baptism, etc.
4. Promotes member awareness of all events hosted by Oak Hills as well other assimilation related events.
5. Serves weekly on the service planning team and communicates pertinent information to Campus Minister.
6. Prepares detailed reports for Campus Minister and Elders to review; presents to Area Shepherding Team on a monthly and/or quarterly basis as needed.
7. Assist in developing the budget in coordination with the Campus Minister and Campus Ministry Staff.
8. Plans, organizes, and implements monthly staff culture (team building) events and activities.
9. Facilitates new volunteer training for volunteers. Coordinates volunteer application, screening, and interviewing process.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
2. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in managing volunteer programs and the promoting events.
3. Experience can substitute for education.
3. Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Knowledge and ability in personal/ project management principles, administration practices, organization techniques, and methodologies.
2. Knowledge and experience with budget development, expense tracking/reporting and administration.
3. Knowledge in relational intelligence, grace and cross cultural sensitivity.
4. Knowledge of computer office applications and equipment.
5. Knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary.
6. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
7. Ability in developing leaders and team members for effective ministry.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means.
9. Ability to build and promote a team culture through relational collaboration and motivating team members.
10. Ability to plan, organize projects and prepare detailed reports and presentations.
11. Ability to use computers and a variety of software applications.
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, members, and ministry volunteers.
13. Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
4. Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting
and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
5. OHC Staff Expectations:
1. Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
3. Personally engaged with OHC mission, vision and strategy.
4. Actively engaged in the OHC mission to be Christ in your own neighborhood.
5. Attend Life with Oak Hills become an OHC member within six (6) months of employment.
6. Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.