General Description and Purpose of the Position
The Lead Pastor (in partnership and under the protection of the Team of Elders) will communicate and oversee, through teaching, modeling and other relevant methods, the implementation of a Biblical, God-given mission and vision that have been cast by the
CCC Team of Elders through consultation with the Lead Pastor and other church leaders. Central to the mission is the notion that CCC is ensuring that Christ is being made known locally and globally. The Lead Pastor is also responsible for ensuring that the
CCC staff is carrying out the mission and vision of CCC by releasing and empowering them to perform, evaluate, and improve their area of ministry with proper accountability. The Lead Pastor will communicate God's Word with clarity, passion, and relevance in
accordance with Biblical accuracy at every level of the church. We believe these things will come about as the result of the leading of the Holy Spirit, and as the result of the Pastor’s time spent in humble prayer and study.
The qualifications for the Lead Pastor are determined by the Team of Elders and include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Relevant training and/or experience in Biblical principles (Bible College, Bible Institute or Seminary training is required).
2. The ability to lead utilizing appropriate styles for various situations.
3. Evidence of life experiences and philosophical beliefs that are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of CCC.
4. The ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
Performance Responsibilities and Expectations:
1. Time spent in prayer.
2. Relevant biblical preaching.
3. Team oriented player – works with the Elder Team, and willing to perform duties agreed upon by the Pastor and the Elder Team.
4. Strategic Leadership
- Has responsibility for supervision and accountability of paid staff
- Will conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings
5. Plan and execute personal and staff Professional Development/Continuing Education
6. Will teach or arrange for teaching on Leadership Development
7. Monitor church health through data and direct observation
8. Participate in succession planning
9. Will supervise and participate in Pastoral Care
- Funerals, Weddings, Pastoral Counseling, Hospital and Shut-In Visitation
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Team of Elders.
Working Relationships and Organizational Status
The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Team of Elders in every area of ministry. He is an ex-officio member of the Team of Elders and thus is part of the protection they provide. The Lead Pastor is responsible for the oversight of all staff. He will delegate
authority and responsibility to empower other staff. The Lead Pastor is responsible to ensure care of membership. This is to be carried out (including staff and volunteers) understanding that one person cannot carry out this function alone. This care will
be done through teamwork.
Terms of Employment
The Lead Pastor is employed for a term to be determined by the Team of Elders with salary and benefits for said term to also be determined by the Team of Elders.
If you feel God has called you to this position please email us a cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.