Grace Bible Church is a bible-centric, teaching church located in Columbia, Missouri with a rapidly growing population of about 120,000. We average roughly 400 in two Sunday morning services. The community is diverse as a university city and home of the
University of Missouri. We have a current staff of 4 full-time pastors, a full-time secretary and part-time treasurer.
We are seeking a full-time Worship Pastor who is spiritually mature, theologically sound, with a heart and vision toward spiritual growth over number growth. We desire someone with a passion to worship in spirit and truth, a desire to honor God alone, and
a vision to equip and edify Grace worshipers to grow in Christ. We want someone with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a love for people rather than adulation. Our current worship service is a blend of traditional and contemporary songs. We have
a talented congregation and our worship team has a mix of piano, guitars, bass, keyboard, violins, drums, and vocalists.
Role: The Worship Pastor is responsible for facilitating a worship environment that prompts the mind (Biblical Truth) to cause the heart (emotion) to desire to obey (will); all in spirit and truth:
Invite the body to participate, not spectate
Unify the body to God – one mind (all ages and backgrounds)
Worship that does not distract, but focused on God
Always reverent, not casual
Encouraging worshippers' reflection and introspection
Appropriate for the culture
Worship leaders worship – sincere relationship with God, not performance
Our best, with excellence
Biblically based, doctrinally sound
God centered, not people centered
Not emotionally manipulative, yet inspires and touches the heart (emotion as result, not aim)
- Facilitate corporate worship consistent with the policies of Grace Bible Church Board of Elders, which includes pastors. This includes:
- Selection of Sunday music consistent with message and Elder policies;
- Oversee visual elements to enhance worship;
- Oversee AV techs as they run sound and lights;
- Oversee computer presentation of the song service;
- Recruit, train, schedule, and enthusiastically and skillfully support, disciple, nurture, and direct the Worship Team and any choirs, instrumentalists, musical ensembles, or soloists.
- Oversee music or drama for other special services or concerts or dramatic productions.
- Shepherd the people under his immediate care, as well as caring for others.
- Oversee the maintenance and use of musical, electronic, sound, lighting, and media systems.
- Work with others to evaluate the music programs and implement goals and standards for improvement, and to oversee the day to day administration of the music program.
- Oversee use of AV equipment related to worship: care, storage, setup, and tear down.
The Worship Pastor is accountable to the Grace Board of Elders. He is expected to harmoniously consult with the Senior Pastor and other Pastors and staff members, Elders, ministry team leaders, Worship Team, and others as necessary to effectively function
and fulfil the Lord’s work. The Worship Pastor will exhibit an attitude of humility, trust, and kindness toward peers, the congregation, and Grace leadership. He will be an active participant of Grace Bible Church and involved in major church activities.
Worship is the created glorifying the Creator for who He is and recognizing His attributes. Worship must be God-focused and not man- focused, incorporating God's truth while:
- Communicating our adoration to God, giving back to God, ascribing worth to God, “Worth-ship”
- Responding to a vivid glimpse of God and His attributes
- Reflecting an intimate relationship with Christ
- Encompassing the truth of God
- Drawing close to God (vulnerable)
- Acknowledging our dependence on God
- Raising our perspective above the earthly
We desire to:
Exalt God - bring honor, respect, worth to God
Recognize our depravity – Proper perspective on our sin and need for Christ; our need to confess, offer sacrifice, surrender self, take our attention and focus off of ourselves
Obey – we are called to worship
Be still before Him - align ourselves with His plan, bring people closer to God, sacrifice, prepare hearts (humble, soft, open)
Servant heart – He understands his role is to serve, first serving Jesus and then serving others.
Vital relationship with Jesus – He must walk humbly with Christ and exhibit Christ-like attitude and behavior.
Organized – He must have proven abilities to keep the different aspects of this job running smoothly.
People focused – He must love people over performance, with proven ability to humbly handle various personalities and personal desires.
Disciple – He must be a catalyst for involving and growing others. By preparing others for greater responsibility, we multiply our influence.
Family – he must be involve d with and manage his family in a way that exudes responsibility, leadership and discipleship.
A competitive financial package commensurate with experience that includes a housing and medical allowance and vacation.
Resumes should be directed to "Worship Search Committee" and may be mailed to Grace Bible Church, 601 Blue Ridge Rd., Columbia, MO 65202 or e-mailed to email@example.com.