Discipleship Pastor – New Hope First Baptist Church
Supervised by: Pastor
Collaborative Group: Adult Hope Group Leadership; Student and Children Ministries
Purpose: To serve the church by leading the people and staff to accomplish the purpose and vision of NHFBC through Discipleship.
- Establish and lead with Discipleship Team an on-going outreach strategy through the Hope Groups and other discipleship ministries.
- Supervise the Next Steps Ministry aimed at helping those considering membership to discover Christ and engage in the 3D Church vision.
- Create and offer training for members on how to effectively share their faith.
Develop in Christ:
- Practice and lead the Discipleship Team to practice the High Impact Volunteer process for recruiting, training and managing discipleship ministry volunteers.
- Oversee established Hope Groups and create new Hope Groups which have effective curriculum and training that will inspire people to grow spiritually.
- Establish a process to guide people into a small group experience where they can grow spiritually and develop genuine community with other believers at New Hope.
- Responsible for the oversight and effectiveness of the Adult, Student, Children’s, and Pre-School ministries and their ability to grow in their relationship with Christ.
Deploy for Christ:
- Lead the Discipleship Team in developing opportunities for members to be involved in missional efforts (current examples: community ministry efforts such as the Backpack Ministry and the Sports Camp; mission trips; The Art of Neighboring effort; …).
- Make pastoral ministry visits on rotation with the ministry staff team.
- Assist in church-wide outreach events as needed.