Grace Community Church- Sitting 25 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts, Grace Community is a vibrant and growing 24-year-old church of approximately 600 people. Currently, we meet in a rented industrial building but are in
an active building process for our move to the heart of the growing downtown of Westford, MA.
We are in an active search for a full-time Director/Pastor of Worship and Communications to join our team. Someone with strong leadership skills who knows how to empower others and loves God.
Director/Pastor of Worship and Communications- Full Time Position
1. Spiritual Leadership: Lead and shepherd Grace Community Church in worshiping God, both communally and individually, both formally and informally.
2. Visionary Leadership for Worship: Work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor and various team leaders to develop and fulfill the overall vision for worship arts/music ministry at GCC, enabling the church to accomplish its mission of Helping People Discover
and Fulfill God’s call on their Lives.
3. Worship Leadership: Plan and program a worship service each week in conjunction with sermon theme and with consultation of the Lead Pastor and others involved. Prepare for and conduct weekly rehearsals. Additionally, encourage, empower, shepherd, train
and guide all band, vocalists, and other volunteers. Foster teamwork and mutual support among all worship ministry volunteers; develop a joyful/fun, inclusive and Christ-centered culture. Continually recruit willing and new talent from the Grace community.
4. Tech/Media Team Leadership: Oversee the media team including recruiting, training, and coaching of audio, video and lighting personnel. Develop various videos and stills for use in worship services and engage other volunteers as needed.
5. Oversight of Resources: Steward of the annual worship arts budget as well as setup of sanctuary platform and worship space, and maintenance and upkeep of all church owned musical instruments, audio and video equipment.
6. Service Coordination: Oversee worship service production on all services, working with various staff and volunteers to ensure responsibilities are covered.
7. AV/IT: Oversee the overall AV/IT infrastructure of the church, enabling effective audio-visual availability for all areas requiring it, and a secure and efficient internet network for Grace Community Church.
1. Communications Leadership: Lead and ensure effective communications for Grace Community Church, including but not limited to: Design, branding, monthly Sunday Programs, digital communication (emails, Grace app, social media presence, etc.), advanced planning
and preparation for upcoming themes and events.
2. Visionary Leadership: Coordinate the design and development of a comprehensive communications ministry including a strategic plan for advancing the ministry, input from the church leadership, attention to the culture of the church and region, and adherence
to budgetary constraints.
3. Team Leadership: Develop and lead a communications team, to enable creative input, collaboration, and visionary leadership for on-time communicating at Grace Community Church.
Send cover letter and resume by email only to Executive Pastor Matt Beattie, firstname.lastname@example.org.