This person leads and oversees the children’s ministries at the Fountain (nursery – 5th grade). It is estimated that the scope of this position will require 16-20 hours a week to serve these ministries. Although we are pursuing a resource in
a part-time capacity for these ministries, we are open to talking with experienced candidates that desire a full-time position. However, a full-time hire would require expansion of the below responsibilities to include oversight of all our youth programs.
Currently, we are pursuing support of our Jr./Sr. High student’s ministries via a different opening. The position will be accountable to the Elders with organizational oversight by Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate the development/selection of age-appropriate choices of curriculum, programs, and activities with the teachers and volunteers of the ministry. Currently, Fountain Kids uses Orange (http://thinkorange.com/), however, each lesson must be evaluated
to fit our children, leaders, and facility.
- Oversee the scheduling of volunteers to administer Nursery, and Fountain Kids
- Maintain the check in and check out security system for the children
- Use only approved volunteers that have completed a background check
- Oversee VBS and special projects
- Keep congregation informed of children’s events through the appropriate communication channels provided by the church
- Oversee the children's area
- Responsible for appearance, décor, safety, and order of the children’s areas
- Responsible for the children’s ministry budget
- Can recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Prepare for and attend leadership meetings
- Convene and lead ministry volunteer meetings
- A calling from God into children’s ministry
- Relates well to others and has a passion for young children
- Ability to inspire children and adults
- Leadership experience in children’s ministry
- Personal character that represents and demonstrates Christ-like traits
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and someone who agrees with and upholds biblical principles and the Fountain’s beliefs
- Commensurate with education and experience