Children’s Ministries Director
West Hills Community Church
1. Born again Christian, desiring to grow in relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. At least 3 years experience as staff or volunteer leader in a Children’s Ministries program.
3. Be (or become) an active member of West Hills Community Church.
4. Bachelor’s Degree with a major or emphasis on Children or Children’s Ministries (preferred).
Brief job description: Oversee and coordinate the Children’s Ministries programs, leaders, and volunteers of West Hills Community Church. Encourage the spiritual discipleship of parents
over their children.
Sunday Morning Ministries:
1. Administer & oversee the Sunday morning ministries for ages Nursery through 5th grade.
a. Supervise the recruitment, appointment and training of SS teachers as needed.
b. Identify and develop leaders to be area coordinators as needed.
c. Purchase age-appropriate curriculum for each children’s SS class and make it available ahead of time to all teachers.
d. Implement the use of a worker qualification process, including background check, sexual misconduct policy, and Christian Lifestyle Covenant.
e. Organize and/or delegate the organization of Sunday School supplies and resources.
f. Keep and/or delegate attendance-taking of the Sunday School classes each week, including the timely collection of newcomer family information.
2. Schedule and organize at least one teacher-training “seminar” or “workshop” each year.
3. Schedule and organize at least one Children’s Ministries “Thank You” event each year.
1. Recruit or be the AWANA Commander.
2. Ensure that the Commander schedules and implements an annual AWANA worker training day.
3. Develop ways to increase the awareness of the AWANA program into the overall children’s ministries of WHCC.
Vacation Bible School (or other) Evangelistic Program:
1. Maintain the goal of children’s evangelism through VBS.
2. Recruit or be the VBS Coordinator.
3. Ensure that the Coordinator schedules and implements worker training for VBS.
4. Support the pre-planning stages of VBS in coordination with the VBS Coordinator.
1. Work with the Worship Commission and SS teachers to present Children’s singing at one of our Easter services and one of our Christmas services.
2. Plan and implement the annual Harvest Party in October.
3. Plan and implement the annual Night In Bethlehem in December.
1. Be responsible to work with children who are requesting baptism. In this effort the CM Director shall contact the candidates, schedule a baptism class, work through a baptism booklet with each child and then determine that the child is ready for baptism.
2. Attend weekly staff meetings and all Children’s Ministries Commission meetings.
3. Other duties as determined by need.
2. 2 weeks off per year, including one Sunday with each week.
3. Expense account.
1. Six-month development and review period. During and/or at the completion of six months, the Senior Pastor will review the performance of the CM Director. After a positive performance review, the position will become permanent.
2. The CM Director will meet as needed with the Senior Pastor for coordination.
3. The church will pay for and encourage the CM Director to attend at least one local training seminar per year.
This position is tentatively set to begin August 1, 2018.