Oak Grove Church (OGC) is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Student and Family Ministry (APSF) to lead our children and student ministries (Kind.-12th grade) so that families are impacted with and transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and discipled
in growing Christlike maturity. The APSF will be committed to family-equipping discipleship, which focuses on equipping parents as the primary disciple-makers in their children’s lives (Deut. 6:4-9), develops biblically-centered teaching, family-strengthening
structure, and relational programming that engages with youth of all ages.
The APSF will report directly to the Lead Pastor and be accountable to the elders.
- Character and Heart
- He is a biblical leader (1 Tim. 3, Titus 1, 1 Pt. 5) recognized by abiding (1 Jn. 2:6) and increasing (2 Pt. 1:3-8) faith in Christ, as well as fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5).
- Demonstrates pastoral calling (Acts 20:28), humility (Acts 20:19, 24), passion (Acts 20:20-21) and gifting (Acts 20:27; Eph. 4:11-16; 2 Tim. 2:15).
- Gives evidence of personal worship, spiritual growth, evangelism and discipleship.
- Models Christ-like living
- If married, demonstrates biblical family priority with loving, servant leadership (1 Tim. 3:5)
- If unmarried, has current testimony of Christ-honoring relationships
- Has a teachable spirit, and is able to receive constructive criticism and apply it for personal development
- Exhibits love for children, youth and families
- Agrees with Oak Grove Constitution and Bylaws, Mission, and Values
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Bible, Student/Children’s Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, etc.)
- Demonstrated lifestyle in continuing education, whether formally in seminary or informally through personal reading and study
- Able to rightly divide the Word of God (2 Tim. 2:15) and faithfully teach it in age-appropriate settings
- Eager and able to build effective relationships with people of varying ages, demographics and walks of life
- Shows discernment and good judgment including setting appropriate relationship boundaries with females and students.
- Energetic and physically able to engage in activities with children and youth
- Able to envision and communicate need for ministry teams, then develop structure, recruit, disciple, and empower ministry leaders and team members
- Able to anticipate, organize, and prioritize tasks to accomplish agreed-upon goals
- Able to motivate teams toward continual growth and development
- Able to use necessary technology for ministry communication and development
- Proven leadership experience with at least one of these age groups in a church setting
- Some church staff or internship experience is preferred
- Shepherding and Teaching
- Know and pray for children, students and their families
- Teach regularly, though not always, on Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings
- Plan and lead regular relationship-building activities with children, students and families at a pace that strengthens families
- Create environments that foster meaningful, biblical community among Middle School and High School students.
- Intentionally seek out and strive to assimilate students into student ministry program
- Plan and lead mission trips
- Work to build meaningful connections in the community.
- Assist lead pastor with hospital visitations as necessary, specifically as it relates to children, students and their families
- Preach as needed during Sunday morning corporate worship
- Strategic Planning and Team Building
- Develop student ministry vision in conjunction with overall church mission, working closely with pastor and elders to ensure purposeful unity and direction
- Determine and implement appropriate, strategic levels of personal involvement between children and student ministries
- Work with pastor to develop cohesive family-equipping discipleship strategy
- Identify, examine and train potential volunteers for family ministry – developing, empowering and supporting them to serve in their unique areas of giftedness
- Equip Middle and High School students for the challenges they will likely experience when transitioning to college or work in a secular world and provide tools to keep them founded in Christ.
- Coordinate VBS (or other agreed-upon outreach/discipleship ministries)
- Provide pastoral leadership to ministry team members
- Sunday AM Responsibilities
- Be present and engaged in corporate worship and Sunday School
- Assist in service planning, preparation and involvement as deemed necessary
- Help welcome and assimilate newcomers
- Staff and Administrative Responsibilities
- Organize and maintain updated list of ministry attendees, families, and leaders within our church management system
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Provide regular APSF updates to pastor, elders and deacons
- Communicate clearly, and regularly to pastor, elders, ministry leaders, participants, and church family
- Maintain regular office hours, with freedom and expectation for being out of the office for relationship-building
- Help pastor and elders understand the ongoing needs of children, students and their families so we may better support your ministry
- Help pastor and elders know how we can better support you and your family in life and ministry
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time position with competitive salary commensurate with education and experience $42,000-$55,000
- Two-weeks paid vacation
- One-week paid conference leave
How to Apply
Please provide the following via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide items 1-4 in a single document — a PDF is preferable, but Word, Pages, Google Doc, OpenOffice are all fine as well.
Cover letter and resume with five references (two personal (non-family), two professional, and at least one ministry-related)
A written testimony of your salvation and recent spiritual growth
Personal statement of faith (if best communicated by a denominational statement, please send that statement as the most accurate representation of your beliefs)
A one-page summary of your philosophy of ministry
A video of you teaching in a related environment
View full job description and introduction video at http://oakgrove.cc/apsf/