Purpose-This unique position combines the leadership of contemporary worship along with other forms of multi-media communications for the purpose of leading people closer to Christ and to each other.
1. Contemporary Worship Leadership: This position leads the contemporary band in worship on Sunday mornings and during other venues. This position has flexibility to work with our Worship Design Team and staff to develop sermon themes, song selection,
and all mutli-media forms of communication to advance the theme of Sunday mornings.
2. Arts and Media: This position will have a variety of creative and artistic outlets, both for the worship setting and for the church as a whole. Some forms of creative art and media include overseeing graphic design, videography, all print media,
and all online and social media.
3. Church Communications: This position will assist in office operations, including scheduling and ordering.
1. A strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ; Evangelical desire to see others love and serve Jesus Christ; Affirmation of our church’s core doctrines and leadership values; and a desire to exemplify Christ-like behavior both inside and outside
the work setting.
2. Previous experience in leading contemporary worship and public speaking.A consistent past commitment to serving and worshipping in a local church context.
3. A strong sense of team when working with the pastor, staff, and volunteers.
4. Other requirements include Background Check and Drug Test.
Comments from the Pastor
After five years of serving here at Saraland UMC, I have seen our contemporary worship grow to become our largest worship service. Our earlier traditional service, with its own worship leadership, remains strong. Our average weekly combined Sunday morning
attendance is currently 200. Our full-time contemporary worship leader is a vital part of my team and works closely with me in a variety of ways. We are proud, though of course sad, that our previous contemporary worship leader has been invited to become Instructor
of Video Editing at his alma mater and must leave us in August. He leaves our band and worship program in strong condition with a positive, healthy culture. Personally, my heart for missions, for evangelical biblical teaching and preaching, and a desire to
see new people find Jesus Christ drives my pastoral leadership. I have had the opportunity to lead our church through major renovations of our space, significant increase in weekly preschool enrollment, and creation of a church culture and atmosphere that
is healthy, Christ-centered, outward-focused, and optimistic about our future growth. We will be picky in selecting our next church's contemporary worship leader, as we value this position as a vital component of our vision for continuing growth.