The Administrative Assistant provides assistance to the Pastoral staff, the Board of Trustees, all staff and lay ministry leaders and the Board of Deacons. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the church records database and mailing
lists, preparing letters and event postings, ordering supplies, maintaining the event calendar and all guest card letters, welcome visitors into the office, manage phone calls and handle incoming and outgoing mail and assist the Treasurer with Accounts Payable
- Be very comfortable with technology, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and with social media and other Web based communication tools, as well as a willingness to explore and learn new communications technologies
- Office/business administration experience preferred in a church environment.
- Ability to interact with people in a courteous and professional manner.
- Knowledge in Planning Center Software a plus.
- Team player working well in collaboration with others.
- Must be able to hold confidential matters in strict confidence.
- Must be well organized, given to details, display good priority skills, good manager of time, self -starter and excellent at following through on details.
- Must be in agreement with Church Statement of Faith (https://calvarymemorialchurch.org/statement-of-faith)
- Oversee all event and special services’ materials.
- Proofreading, printing, folding and addition of all flyers of all bulletins.
- Maintain calendar of events and ensure all preparations are handled.
- Manage and maintain church database, update contacts and mailing lists.
- Oversee and keep records of all baptisms, dedications, visitors and members.
- Input financial data and run reports as needed
- Oversee all office supplies, replenishing when necessary.
- Must answer all office phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner, providing assistance to satisfy the caller’s needs.
- Provide ministry support as needed and when available
Hours per week 24-30 with a possibility to full time status
Some additional hours as agreed upon ahead of time.
Salary Negotiable based on skills and/or experience
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org