Role: Director of Creative and Live Video
Role Type: Full-Time, Salary
Responsible to: Technical Director
Member of Teams: Creative Team
Relates closely with: Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor of Ministries, Worship Pastor, Technical Director, Weekend Service Producer
The Director of Creative and Live Video contributes to compelling, distraction-free worship services by overseeing the video crew and equipment; by training, inspiring, and developing the volunteer video team for live events. As well as creating high impact
creative video content for weekend services. Envisioning, shooting, and editing videos that drive ministry vision forward.
- Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ.
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live.
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and a consistent, fruitful devotional life.
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions.
- Reflect Christ’s heart for reaching spiritually lost people.
- Recruit and lead a highly effective live video volunteer team.
- Build a culture of ownership united with the overall vision of Eastern Hills
- Recruit, develop and lead volunteer team of roles specific to a live video team (i.e. switcher, graphics, shading, cameras, etc.).
- Cast vision regularly by sharing stories and celebrating wins.
- Provide coaching and feedback for continuous improvement.
- Oversee artistic implementation of live video in services and special events.
- Study and research contemporary camera techniques to utilize at Eastern Hills.
- Be able to translate creatively a Producer’s or Worship Leader’s vision into a coherent and engaging product.
- Be able to conceptualize ideas and think visually.
- Pay precise attention to detail.
- Know when to use different technical and creative technique.
- Understands and capable of troubleshooting an HD/SD-SDI broadcast level video.
- Manage video assets both physical and digital.
- Maintain technical inventories and keeping control room areas current by presenting a professional work environment.
- Encode services for internal viewing, web streaming, and archive.
- Assist in the design, installation, and maintenance of video systems.
- Develop creative video content for weekend services.
- Shoot and edit compelling story and creative content.
- Create sermon bumper and transitional video content.
- Understand editing software and export codecs.
Specific Goals and Objectives
- Inspired, equipped, fully-staffed volunteer team. (evidenced by recruitment, retention, and volunteer ownership)
- High-quality, technical execution that results in compelling, distraction-free worship.
- Well-captured and documented worship services and message.
- Skilled, creative and supportive video crew support services.
- Invisible and inspiring use of technology.
- High impact creative content.