The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for visionary leadership and direction of an integrated children's ministry to and for the First Baptist Church children and their families. The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for the
program ministries of the church for children in grades 1-5 and grade 6. This primarily includes the ongoing ministries of Sunday School and Discipleship as well as special event and seasonal ministries for children and their families.
The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for the selection of curriculum and resources for the classes, overseeing the staffing of volunteer workers, training of leadership, coordination of facility use, and managing the schedule of Children's
events and activities within the larger church calendars.
Located in North Alabama, we are geographically located in the heart of downtown Huntsville with a heart for ministry to this city we call home. Huntsville has most recently been named by U.S. News and World Report as the 7th best place to live in the U.S.
We are a dually-aligned church to SBC & CBF... often referring to ourselves as centrist Baptists. We are excited about our ministry to young families and their children. We look forward to future ministry opportunities as this demographic continues to grow
in our church.
We look forward to hearing from you...
Minister to Children and Families Search Team
First Baptist Church of Huntsville, AL
A Church in the Heart of the City!
Here's more of the Job Description...
This is a full time salaried position and part of the Family Ministries Team. This team currently consists of Minister to Preschool and Families, Minister to Children and Families, Minister to Students and Families, Childcare Coordinator, and the Ministry
Assistant-Preschool, Children and Youth.
1. Responsible for and plans, promotes, and implements the ministries of the church for children in grades 1-5 and grade 6, including the ongoing ministries of Sunday School, Discipleship, Music, Missions as well as special events and seasonal ministries
for children and their families.
2. Administrate Children’s Sunday School, Discipleship, and Wednesday night Missions
*Determine resource, equipment, and facility needs, coordinating budget requests with other staff and church program leaders.
*Coordinate and supervise the enlistment and training of leadership.
*Research and procure curriculum. Provide curriculum interpretation and leadership to facilitate Christian education and nurture.
3. Administrate a Sixth Grade Ministry.
*Develop and implement special Sixth Grade Ministry events providing for the spiritual, moral, physical and relational needs of the pre-teen.
*Determine resource, equipment, and facility needs for Sixth Grade Ministry, coordinating budget requests with other staff and church program leaders.
*Coordinate and supervise the enlistment and training of leadership for Sixth Grade Ministry.
*Research and procure curriculum for Sixth Grade Ministry. Provide curriculum interpretation and leadership to facilitate Christian education during this transitional period of a child’s life.
*Procure and develop resources to supplement support to teachers, children and their families as needed.
*Research and procure resources and opportunities for families’ education unique to pre-teen needs.
5. Coordinate Wednesday night summer events for children.
6. Administrate budget for children’s programs.
7. Communicate children’s programming information through various church and children’s ministry publications.
8. Serve on the Children’s Ministry Team and other committees as assigned.
9. Responsible for adherence to the Child Protection Policies of the church.
10. Coordinate the use of facilities assigned to the Childhood Ministries office.
11. Administrate children’s Vacation Bible School.
12. Administrate children’s camps sponsored by the Children's Ministry.
13. Assist in pastoral ministries of the staff as needed and requested.
14. Lead in worship when appropriate.
15. Assist with Children’s Time.
16. Other duties as assigned