Job Description: The Children’s Pastor is responsible for creating an environment where children can learn about and fall in love with Jesus. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other staff
and volunteers to promote the general well-being of the department and Canby Foursquare Church. This position is expected to contribute to the unity of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways as he
or she serves Jesus and this church family.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversight of all staff and volunteers in the department
- Regularly builds capacity of volunteers through training events and personal mentoring
- Complies with all standards as set forth in the Child and Youth Protection manual
- Pastors should endeavor to uphold the pastoral agreement that they sign, affirming their commitment to uphold the policies and bylaws of the Foursquare organization and bringing their ministries and their churches into compliance in any areas where they
may be lacking, whether they are in complete agreement with those policies or not.
- Exercise pastoral skills and sensitivity in encounters with church members and friends
- Contributes to the disciple-making culture of Canby Foursquare Church especially within the frame-work of helping parents become competent and confident spiritual leaders in their homes.
- Oversight and selection of all curriculum used in classes
- Develops, manages and controls expenses within their departmental budget
- Recommends strategic initiatives and improvements within Children’s Ministry to the Senior Pastor
- Creates a culture in which volunteers are appreciated, honored, and encouraged
- Spiritual Gifting in the areas of Teaching, Administration, Leadership
- Love and Empathy for children and parents
- Ethical Conduct and Strong Moral Compass
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Study and Time Management skills
- Stress Management/Composure/Sense of humor
- Computer and Digital Literacy
- Teamwork Orientation
- Bias Toward Action
Supervisory Responsibility: This position supervises all staff and volunteers for the Children’s Ministry department
Work Environment: This job largely operates in a professional environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Because this work is connected to children, it may also
entail use of children’s classroom and recreational equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift 35 lbs. is occasionally required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education or Biblical Studies preferred but we are open to other learning pathways that demonstrate requisite knowledge and needed competencies.
- Minimum of five years of ministry leadership experience or related experience
- Commitment to a long-term pastorate
- Ordination or eligibility for licensure with ICFG.
- Speaking and writing abilities, including exegetical and Bible study skills
- Knowledge of and comfort with a wide range of Christian traditions
- Developed pastoral skills such as basic evangelism, discipling and congregational care (praying for others, visitation of the sick)
- Vitally connected to Jesus Christ and loves the Church
Benefits: All Tier 3 employee benefits (see employee manual for details)
Other Duties: Please note this job description does not contain an exhaustive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time, with or