Position: Element Kids Director
Supervisor Title: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Nursery, Preschool, Elementary, EK Check-In and EK Volunteers
Weekly Commitment: 16 - 20 hours, negotiable (including up to 4 hours worked on Sunday morning)
Date Updated: May 15, 2018
The Win (one sentence job description):
‘Cultivate environments where emotionally healthy team members love children and make Element Kids the best part of each child’s week.’
- Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another. (Ephesians 4:11-13) Our teams aren’t just goal oriented, but relationally driven.
- Work with the lead pastor and appropriate staff to develop protocol, training and discipleship for entire discipleship strategy.
- Serve on the Ministry Lead Team of the church.
- Participate in staff meetings, leadership retreats, team community times and provide evaluation and feedback to the Ministry Lead Team.
- “As needed” per the Lead Pastor
Element Kids Responsibilities:
- Lead children and their families to follow Jesus.
- Develop and cast vision for Element Kids ministries.
- Recruit, train and empower team members to serve within the children’s ministry.
- Schedule volunteers/teachers to assigned classes & groups in a timely manner
- Communicate weekly and meet bi-monthly with EK Leaders to build ownership and equip them to lead other volunteers.
- Follow up with people that are interested in serving in Kid’s Ministry.
- Lead creative team meetings in order to implement the curriculum.
- Create systems and events to thank and celebrate Kid’s Min team members.
- Recognize first-time guest by sending a card to the home of each family.
- Provide resources for parents and families as needed.
- Adapt and prep curriculum for children birth to 5th grade.
- Oversee the setup and operation of all related children’s ministry environments.
- Develop and oversee the Element Kids budget.
- Oversee the test drive of all new Serve Team members.
- Maintain God ordained alignment in your life. Devotion to Jesus above all.
- Be loyal to the vision & team of Element Church; protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Element Church.
- Be an active discipler of at least two people. Think intentional mentoring.
- Be active in a ‘life group’ whether by leading or attending.
- Actively give 10% of your income towards the vision of Element Church.
- Have a vital, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Love for children and families and an ability to relate to parents with love and understanding
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Models healthy biblical relationships
- Bachelor’s (or Associates) Degree in a related field of study preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Kids’ Ministry is preferred
- Agreement with Element Church doctrine and mission.