Please send resumes to Danielle@cpchurch.com
If you like the beach with a younger population and a thriving community, then this is a great oppertunity for you! Long Beach is not a vacation destination, but a community with deep roots and a unique culture disticnt to the rest of Long Island.
CenterPoint is a thriving church (1600 on a Sunday) that has grown consistently over each of our 16 years. We find that being missional and attractional aren’t mutually exclusive and both are beneficial for reaching the lost. We are theologically conservative,
yet culturally progressive. As a church body we are ethnically, theologically and socially diverse. We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and pastor our 5th campus. The campus pastor will work under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, and provide
overall leadership for our campus. Our campuses have a balance of teaching twice a month from the campus pastor as well as a live broadcast from the Massapequa campus the other 2 weeks.
Top 3 priorities of a campus pastor:
1) To ensure the values and DNA of CenterPoint at the campus
2) To care for and disciple the campus body
3) To create a missional presence in the local community
All pastors at CenterPoint are expected to:
- Create a sense of community and fellowship for the campus
- Leadership of all aspects of the weekend service
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee Campus budget
- Maintain CenterPoint’s level of quality
- Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff.
- Gets involved with the local community and finds ways for the church to have a missional presence in the community.
- Pastoral care of local campus
- Help guests move from their first visit to membership
- Encourage members to participate in the 5 commitments of membership: Seek, Connect, Serve, Reach, Give
- Have an active and growing relationship with Jesus
- Counsel and shepherd the church body
- Work as part of a team/build up all ministries at CP
- Perform weddings and funerals
- Preach as needed
- Be quick-paced
- Have a servant attitude
- Be skilled in administration and organization
- Have a welcoming and inviting presence
- Practice hospitality with people in the community as well as with people within the church
- A bachelors degree from a College or University in Theology is preferred
- 5+ years of full-time experience at a church of 200 (Sunday attendance) or more.
- Please send us a link to a video of you teaching (not just audio)