Bethlehem Church is looking for a high capacity, catalytic leader of leaders. They must lead by example, with passion, character, and competency. They will provide leadership to all Middle School students and volunteer team members. Primarily serving at
the Main Campus of Bethlehem Church, they will also have the opportunity to provide influential leadership, vision, and direction to Student Ministry teams across all campuses.
They will devote time to mentoring Student Ministry volunteers in areas of leadership development and discipleship. They will be expected to speak with clarity and simplicity and will give equal attention to evangelism and discipleship. They will provide
fresh eyes for “what could be” for the middle school ministry across all campuses, and be a proven vision-caster who can bring innovation with purpose.
What We're Searching For:
Must have a level of education and experience commensurate with the position: College degree preferred, and at least five years of related experience.
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Ministry experience in a church of 1000+
- Led a student ministry of 100+ students
- Strong communicator and teacher
- Visionary Leader
- Able to build teams
- Lead a volunteer team structure in the operation of a middle school student ministry, including weekly services and special events.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for middle school students.
- Create and manage a middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Recruitment, training, and development of volunteers that staff weekly programs and special events.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Help cast vision, teach and program for annual student camp including music selection, development of messages/teaching, and utilization of games and other artistic elements that help middle school students in learning about God.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent connection opportunities.
- Partner and help resource parents to lead their students at home.
- Creatively use and proactively upkeep student ministry resources.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for middle school ministries and manage the spending to that budget.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- A healthy marriage and family (if married).
- Passion for the local church, generally and student ministry, specifically.
- Ability to minister cross-culturally and lead leaders from various backgrounds.
- Ability to teach in large venues as a gifted communicator.
- Multi-tasking abilities, strong organizational skills, and ability to effectively communicate with individuals clearly and confidently, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and in team environments.
- A leader of leaders who is able to establish trust and credibility.
- A developer of ministry bringing experience and ideas.
Strategically placed in one of the fastest growing areas in Metro Atlanta. Bethlehem Church intentionally places a high value on the next generation. Nearly 35% of the churches attendance is between birth and high school.
Under the leadership of Jason Britt, Bethlehem Church has been one of the top 100 fastest growing churches in America. He has served as Pastor of Bethlehem Church since April 2011. Jason loves teaching the Scriptures and leading Bethlehem Church to take
new territory for the kingdom. Very much a community-oriented church, Everything Bethlehem does points back to the mission of leading people to discover new life in Christ.