Student Minister Opportunity Profile & Job Description
At Trinity, we are passionate about seeing a diverse group of people find a common story in Christ. Since Trinity started 12 years ago, we have committed ourselves to exalting Jesus Christ and honoring God’s Word in all that we say and do. Our four-part
strategy is to invite people to Come to Christ and then to Grow in Christ, Serve Him, and Reach others with the great news about Christ. As God has brought more people, we have continued to be one church which now meets in three Virginia Beach locations and
in Stuttgart, Germany with a fifth campus planned to open this fall in Norfolk.
To better reach students with the Gospel and to help them Grow in Christ, Trinity is hiring a full-time student minister for each of our Oceanfront, Town Center, and Princess Anne campuses. Each student minister will lead their campus’ student ministry to
reach many area 6th-12th grade students and invite them to Come to Christ, help students Grow to become disciples through small group Bible studies, assist students in finding their place to Serve in the church, and encouraging them to Reach their friends
for Christ. Our student ministers will be part of a campus staff led by the campus pastor and will also work collaboratively with student ministers from other campuses to jointly select curriculum, plan summer camps and mission trips together, and work diligently
to make sure that Trinity’s student ministry pursues the same strategy across all of our campuses while embracing local distinctives.
The Trinity staff is comprised of people who love Christ. We value truth, humility, teachability, collegiality, and entrepreneurial risk-taking. As we chase the dreams God has put in Trinity’s collective heart, we are willing to try new things and then evaluate
them so we can learn from those experiences together. Our goal is not excellence in and of itself, but to do everything as unto the Lord for His glory and the good of the people we reach and serve.
We are currently looking for three student ministers to grow with us. If you naturally connect with students and are passionate about leading them to Christ and if you love leading adults to exercise their gifts in student ministry, see the Job Description
below for what it will take to be a Trinity Church Student Minister:
The Student Minister is someone with a mature, vibrant, and deep love for Jesus Christ who is both passionate about and gifted in leading students in worshiping and serving God. The Student Minister is responsible for leading the Student Ministry at their
campus to pursue Trinity’s mission by accomplishing Trinity’s Come, Grow, Serve & Reach strategy. The Student Minister will report to and take direction from the Campus Pastor. The Student Minister will also collaborate with other Trinity Student Ministers
and will receive coaching from the Team Leader of Trinity’s Student Ministry Team.
- 1. Develop and execute a plan to accomplish Trinity’s 4-part strategy through that campus’ student ministry.
- 2. Recruit, train, deploy, and support volunteer adult leaders.
- 3. Provide pastoral care to the high school and middle school students.
- 4. Work collegially with fellow Trinity student ministers to insure our campus student ministries are strategically aligned with similar programming, select a common curriculum, and plan quarterly church-wide special events (e.g., camps, retreats, and mission
- 5. Serve on the Campus Leadership Team which meets to provide counsel to the campus pastor and help staff reach the local community.
Develop a Grow strategy designed to help students grow to become more like Christ. The primary means for accomplishing this discipling strategy is through community groups and weekly campus group events. The secondary means is through quarterly churchwide
events. The Student Minister will:
- 1. Develop and multiply campus community groups including recruiting, training, and supervising group leaders.
- 2. Organize and be the primary teacher for the weekly campus high school Sunday evening event (SNL) and Wednesday middle school evening event (SHIFT).
- 3. Work with fellow student ministers to organize quarterly special events such as a high school student retreat (called Man Tour/Chick Flick), a middle school student retreat (called DNOW), Middle School Weekend (MSW), and a summer camp for all students.
- 4. Encourage and equip parents (e.g. seminars). Serve Strategy: Develop a Serve strategy to help every student discover their spiritual gifts and passions and find a place to serve in the local body.
Develop a Reach strategy that helps the students see their local schools and community as their mission field and lead them by example by:
- 1. Investing deeply in reaching students at assigned local high schools (at least 2) and middle schools (at least 3) near the campus.
- 2. Seeking out students who attend the campus for the first time or who attend worship but are not involved in the student ministry.
- 3. Planning domestic and international mission trip opportunities for high school students.
- 4. Teaching students how to reach others and share their faith with them.
- 1. Regularly communicate with parents, students, volunteers, and staff.
- 2. Maintain an annual ministry calendar coordinated with campus and student ministry staff.
- 3. Prepare and manage the campus Student Ministry budget.
- 1. Mature Christian walk.
- 2. Spiritual gift of leadership and/or administration and gift of teaching.
- 3. Loves students and is effective in reaching and discipling them.
- 4. Proven ability to lead and organize students and adult volunteers with at least one year of church staff experience or two years as a volunteer leader.
- 1. Directly responsible to the Campus Pastor
- 2. Indirectly responsible to the Team Lead Student Minister.
- 1. Continue to grow spiritually with a daily commitment to prayer and Scripture.
- 2. Maintain strong marriage/family.
- 3. Be involved in the life of Trinity Church.
- 4. Defend the doctrinal positions of Trinity Church.
- 5. Support the leadership and decisions of the Elder Board.
- 6. Work full-time.
- 7. Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly all-Trinity staff meetings.
- 8. Cooperate with semi-annual reviews with Campus Pastor and Team Lead Student Minister.
Support (what Trinity Church provides):
- 1. Salary and Benefits
- 2. Continuing Education/Conference Attendance
- 3. Resources (computer, phone, office space, etc.,)
- 4. Personal support from Elder Board and Pastoral Staff.
Please include a statement regarding when you trusted Jesus Christ as your savior and describe why you are interested in being a Student Minister at Trinity Church