We are looking for someone who is:
• A Christian growing in faith
• Actively involved in their church
• A college graduate with a bachelor’s in Human Services, Behavioral Sciences, or Ministry
• Always smiling from the inside out with a positive attitude, and a love for God’s people
• Passionate about working with children from infancy to adolescence
• Feels called to serve children and families
• Known to have a very high degree of personal and professional integrity and character
• Efficient with personal time management
• Known for having excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Naturally self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as able to succeed in a collaborative team environment
We will need you to:
• Collaborate directly with the CalvaryKids Director
• Assist CalvaryKids Director in weekend services oversight
• Oversee environment design to match monthly themes
• Manage special events from A to Z
• Prepare orientations and trainings
• Be comfortable using multiple technologies to make processes easier and more efficient
• Help facilitate new families during weekend services
It would be crazy if:
• You consider yourself an expert at making Pinterest boards
• You enjoy harmless office pranks and occasional sing-alongs
If you are saying to yourself, “that’s me,” then read on and apply.
Position Title: CalvaryKids Coordinator
FLSA: Full Time (40 hrs. per week)
Department: Children’s Ministry
Reports To: CalvaryKids Director, Ethan Jones
Salary: Commensurate w/ experience
Typical Schedule: Weekend services – Saturdays 5PM-8PM; Sundays 8AM-1PM; Office hours – M, T, W, Th 9AM - 5PM
Position Summary: Responsible for providing ministry support to the Children’s department.
Essential Job Functions:
• Overseeing preschool classrooms during weekend services
• Working with CalvaryKids preschool coaches and ministry partners
• Helping run weekend Huddles
• Managing large events, such as Trunk or Treat, VBS, summer camps, etc.
• Managing small events, such as graduations, parent nights, volunteer trainings, etc.
• Volunteer appreciation
• Managing the workflow processes for event registrations
• Managing the reservation of event vendors and services
• Participating in staff meetings
EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Behavioral Sciences, or Ministry
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year family ministry experience – can be in a volunteer capacity
• Natural giftedness in relating to and engaging children and families
• Demonstrate ability to provide spiritual guidance on an age-appropriate level for preschool and elementary kids
• Ability to coordinate small and large events on the church campus and in the community
• Ability to write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A lifestyle that is in harmony with Calvary PSL's statement of faith
• A commitment to Calvary PSL including the financial support through the tithe
The ability to exert light physical effort in a sedentary to light work environment that requires sitting, standing, pushing and pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds), walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and to see information
in print and electronically.
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS JOB AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://calvarypsl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=15
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER specific to this job opportunity will be considered.
The cover letter must be personalized for this position and should answer two questions:
• Why are you interested in this position?
• What qualifies you for this position?