Job Title: Guest Connections Director
Reports To: Teaching Pastor
Provide leadership through the entire process as one journeys from guest to member. This person will provide leadership to other ministry groups that work alongside this process.
Under the direction of the Teaching Pastor, this position is responsible for:
1. Guest Events
- Oversee, plan and implement all guest events that take a person from guest to member.
- Develop and implement a design and strategy for first-time guest events and membership classes.
- Set and oversee the full assimilation process for The Heights.
2. First Impressions
- Evaluate our current campus experience and seek to make necessary changes to ensure that we present an excellent place of Worship for our guests.
- Implement the guest strategy and oversee Sunday morning greeters including parking lot, greeters, encouragers and Welcome Center team.
- Anticipate the needs of guests on Sunday mornings and beyond.
- Create a culture of volunteerism within the Welcome Team and even into the church body. Provide means for volunteers to find their place to serve through finding their spiritual gifts.
- Seek to identify and develop a champion for all Guest Connections Teams.
4. Administration & Strategic Process
- Facilitate the connection between guests and staff members. Provide accountability and encouragement during this process.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive strategy for the administration of Guest Connections, including oversight of budget and facility considerations.
- Must have a thriving relationship with Jesus, a passion for people and be driven to be customer-service oriented.
- Must make attention to details in every aspect of the position a top priority.
- Team player – able to connect relationally with staff, ministry leaders, and church members with an attitude of responsiveness and flexibility.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and insure implementation.
- Solid work ethic – motivation and commitment, organization and execution skills in implementing ideas to bring them to reality, ability to prioritize and manage time to accomplish goals (with or without direction).
- Proven organizational skills, ability to build consensus, proven management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills – ability to interface with staff, members, and guests.
- Understand and embrace the mission, vision, values and objectives of The Heights Baptist Church.