NOTE: Please do not contact the church directly.
IMPORTANT: Please do not apply through the Church Staffing Website. You will
not receive any follow up by applying through the Church Staffing Website.
To view the full church/position profile online visit: http://bit.ly/ChapelHill-ChildrensMinister
Church: Chapel Hill Christian Church - Kokomo, IN
Position: Children’s Minister
Worship Style – Contemporary/Modern
Denomination – Independent/Nondenominational
Church size – 530
Chapel Hill Christian Church (CHCC) is a non-denominational, restoration movement church that's rooted and expectant. Their clear commitment to biblical truth and making disciples keeps this ministry moving forward. Just walk through the doors and it's evident
that this congregation loves God, one another, and it's community.
For nearly 50 years, CHCC has served the people of Howard County, Indiana. Senior Minister Steve Allen, along with a strong core of elders, staff, and lay leaders, keep taking strides to strengthen how the church impacts and involves every generation. Their
heart beats fast for children's and student ministries. One hallmark is CHCC's preschool, a widely recognized ministry to 200+ preschoolers/kindergartners. Year after year this ministry reaches scores of young families in the region. (Good luck visiting Kokomo
without hearing about this legacy ministry!) It's no wonder that CHCC's leadership is strategically updating its mission/vision, facilities, website, and more to lay groundwork for a solid ministry future.
An average of 530 people attend CHCC each Sunday between their two worship services (9:30 am and 11:00 am). To better serve kids and families at both hours, the church is eager to unveil and start using their newly renovated multipurpose space this spring.
Children’s Ministry Approach
Chapel Hill Christian Church believes that every child is unique and wonderfully made by our Master and Creator. It's why they strive to show the love of Jesus in everything they do. This includes helping parents teach their children about who God is and
that everyone needs Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. Their programs serve children from birth through fifth grade in a loving, fun, and safe environment.
CHCC uses an electronic check-in system for both children and leaders. Every approved volunteer is screened and trained to serve in his or her area of children's ministry. There's also a designated team that serves kids with special needs. On average, 85-90
children participate each Sunday. The age/grade-specific ministries include:
Nursery (Infant-24 months)
The nursery is a dedicated space for children 24 months-old and younger. There is no formal curriculum, but leaders do use Bible stories and songs. Adult and teenage volunteers serve on three rotating teams throughout the month. Currently there are 25 adults
and 9 teenagers on this serving roster, with an average of 8 children attending weekly.
Pre-School/Kindergarten (Age 2-K)
The preschool environment is fun and welcoming to families with kids age two through Kindergarten. For curriculum, a rotating team of teachers use Gospel Light during the 9:30 am service and First Look by Orange at 11:00 am. The first hour follows a more
"traditional Sunday School" format, while the second hour incorporates large/small group. There are 33 adult leaders and 14 teens serving in Pre-School/Kindergarten each month, with approximately 40 kids participating each week.
Elementary (1st-5th Grade)
Grade school is a significant season for kids to explore God's Truth and build relationships with peers and adult/teen followers of Jesus. An alternating team of 17 teachers/small group leaders use Gospel Light curriculum during the 9:30 am service and 252
Basics by Orange at 11:00 am. There's an average of 40 kids attending this age/grade level each week.
Family Events & Experiences
Roughly one-third of CHCC's congregation is made up of families with kids Grade 5 and younger. Because of this, there's a desire to build bridges between church and home without losing the emphasis on outstanding children's ministry each Sunday. Parents
are also interested in being coached and supported as spiritual champions at home.
The Children’s Minister at Chapel Hill Christian Church (CHCC) is responsible to integrate the church-wide mission, vision and values into all Children’s Ministry programming and activities (Nursery-5th Grade). This role will accomplish this objective through
leading, teaching, and shepherding, as well as recruiting, training and equipping volunteers to effectively minister to children. In addition to equipping leaders and teams, the Children’s Minister will develop dynamic, relevant, caring, and fun environments
that challenge children to grow in their faith.
Establish and develop a core Children's Ministry Leadership Team (CMLT)
- Provide strategic leadership to the CMLT and Children’s Ministry
- Set direction and key initiatives with staff, CMLT, and volunteer leaders
- Ensure volunteers are recruited, screened, trained, and equipped to serve
- Implement and oversee operational systems and processes that support effective Children’s Ministry (i.e. Check-In, Volunteer Scheduling, Event Management, etc.)
- Steward the Children’s Ministry budget and provide financial oversight
Uphold a high value of biblical teaching and disciple making in Children’s Ministry
- Demonstrate passionate, gifted, skilled, and trained Bible teaching
- Establish and maintain a clear plan for child discipleship with the CMLT
- Implement biblical sound and engaging curriculum for Nursery-5th Grade
- Participate in implementing all Children’s Ministry programming (primarily Sunday mornings at 9:30 am and 11:00 am)
- Recruit and develop spiritually maturing volunteers that are devoted to making disciples through teaching and small group leading
Maintain shepherding leadership and care throughout the Children’s Ministry
- Spiritually challenge and encourage the CMLT and volunteers
- Communicate clearly and consistently with staff, volunteers, and families
- Foster collaboration and healthy interactions with other CHCC ministries
- Oversee all safety and security processes within the Children’s Ministry in cooperation with the church’s established guidelines and procedures
Partner with families and outside organizations to expand the Children’s Ministry
- Coordinate Children’s Ministry sponsored events and/or camps that reach and serve families through the church
- Support parents with teaching and resources that help them disciple their children at home and as part of the church family
- Establish and/or grow partnerships with local schools and organizations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Reports to Senior Minister
- Oversees Part-Time Children's Ministry Assistant
- Works closely with Student Minister as children transition from Children's Ministry to Student Ministry
- Interacts regularly with all ministry areas within CHCC
- Total compensation is negotiable based on experience and education
- Entire package may be proportioned to accommodate the needs of person (salary, housing, retirement or health insurance)
**You must have at minimum 5 years of vocational/full-time, or equivalent, church ministry experience to qualify for this role.***
Send your current resume to Sibs Meaney - email@example.com.