Director of Children's Ministries (Part-Time)
Cornerstone Christian Church
Date Posted: 5/02/2018
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Evangelical free
Church Size: 400-450
Job Type: Part-Time
Compensation: 15,000 (+) without benefits
Hours: 15-20 weekly
The Children’s Director provides direction and oversight for the entire Children’s ministry at Cornerstone Church (infant – 5th grade). Cornerstone offers full children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings. We are aiming at having a weekly kids
outreach in addition to Sunday mornings.
- The Children’s Director provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry volunteers. They will be the primary point person for Sunday mornings (Camp Cornerstone), weekly kids club, and summer VBS outreach as well as other
events relevant to the ministry.
- Mandatory attendance at weekly staff meeting on Mondays and weekly 1-1 meeting with lead pastor.
- Recruitment, motivation, and retention of a volunteer team. All necessary training related to safety and security procedures including all background checks.
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership, recruitment, equipping, strategy, and direction for the Children’s Ministry volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific
to Cornerstone’s Children’s ministry.
CORNERSTONE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Cornerstone.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments.
- Recruit and oversee all volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments. Be sure to administrate all background checks and the training and implementation of all safety procedures.
- Oversee childcare for all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, special services, partner’s meeting, Christmas Eve, etc.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with leadership and administration of mid-size church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Ability to communicate biblical truths in a relevant and applicable way so kids can explore their faith and be the church today.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Leadership giftedness
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Receives support from peers on staff.
- Receives consistent leadership training.
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Cornerstone Church.
- There is a 90-day probationary period for all new hires.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com.