The mission of Mountain Park Church is to invite the distracted and the disinterested to realize their role in God’s story. Our Family Ministries fulfill this mission by a) creating opportunities for kids and students to experience the love and truth of
Jesus, b) encouraging and equipping their parents to be spiritual leaders, and c) raising up volunteers to do the work of the ministry. Within this strategy, the Creative Program Director for Family Ministries directly responsible for all large group programming
in Children’s Ministry while also overseeing worship for Student Ministries (both ministries currently use a small group/large group format with Orange curriculum). In addition to being personally committed to the mission of Jesus, the right candidate will
be a gifted communicator who can effectively engage audiences of all ages, a skilled director (preferably with experience in drama and music) who knows how to weave multiple elements into a unified presentation, and developer of people who builds a network
of leaders that shapes the culture of the ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Spiritual and Creative Leadership
- Maintain a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ that sets an example for those we serve and aligns with the mission and core beliefs of Mountain Park Church.
- Meet regularly with Family Ministry team members to cooperate on shared ministry priorities, services, and special events that align with the overall vision, values, and key objectives of Family Ministry. Come prepared with agenda items, thoughts, questions,
and ideas to maximize the Sunday morning experiences.
- Establish and lead a process for delivery of creative elements in Family Ministry environments as appropriate. This could include drama, spoken word, creative video, testimonies, games, interactions with the audience, scripture readings, comic segments
(such as a top ten list), interviews, parody songs, and/or performance songs that create a significant “wow” moment for attenders
- Consistently cast and implement a clear, Christ-centered vision for large group programming and worship as a
pathway of discipleship for kids and students.
- Identify cultural trends, social issues, and topics that are relevant to kids/students and incorporate them into services, creative elements, special services, etc.
- Define, document, and track annual, quarterly, and weekly goals related to areas of responsibility that express the mission and values of MPC. Regularly evaluate for wins and ways to improve.
- Work with Family Ministry team to plan and execute (as appropriate) an annual calendar of events.
Create opportunities for kids/students to experience the love and truth of Jesus
- Collaborate with Worship Arts Pastor and Family Ministry Staff on overall vision for worship experiences in each area (Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School, Young Adults).
- Build a culture of interactive worship in Family Ministries by creating experiences where a significant majority of the audience is actively participating with their hearts, voices, and bodies (where appropriate).
- Children’s Ministry: Work with Children’s Ministry team to create a cohesive Sunday morning experience that kids go home talking about and want to bring their friends to.
- Children’s Ministry: Direct weekly large group programming that is Christ-centered, biblically rooted, and volunteer led; this includes worship, curriculum, interactive fun, creative teaching (with, for example, drama, dramatic storytelling, comic bits,
interactive games, etc.), and technical production.
- Children’s Ministry: Review, refine, and/or write large group curriculum that equips kids to follow Jesus in their everyday life by being biblically rooted, immediately relevant, and age appropriate.
- Children’s Ministry: Direct midweek programming for lower and upper elementary kids that challenges them to move toward authentic faith in a fun, relational, emotionally safe environment.
- Student Ministry: Ensure meaningful worship experiences that lead students into the presence of God and inspire them to worship him.
- Collaborate with Family Ministries Team to create engaging large group spaces that leverage environmental elements (sound, lighting, décor, stage set etc.) to create engaging, age-appropriate environments that reinforce thematic or spiritual content and/or
encourages an attitude of worship.
- Create new programs that leverage our proximity to schools and parks to attract, care for, and disciple families.
Raise up volunteers to do the work of the ministry.
- Provide effective care, training, and evaluation that results in growing, maturing volunteers and leaders who excel in their roles and express the mission, beliefs, and values of Mountain Park.
- Children’s Ministry: Recruit, develop, and direct worship teams and team leaders who effectively move to genuine worship through age-appropriate songs and authentic spiritual leadership.
- Children’s Ministry: Recruit, develop, direct creative teaching teams (hosts, storytellers, writers, directors) and team leaders to deliver interactive lessons that captivate kids, inspire them to love and worship God, and equip them to express His kingdom
as they trust Jesus in their everyday lives.
- Student Ministry: Recruit, develop, and disciple worship teams who effectively move students to genuine worship through musical excellence and authentic spiritual leadership.
Encourage and equip parents to be spiritual leaders
- Support our mission to equip parents to be spiritual leaders through our Parenting Matters initiative. This may include researching and writing content for printed resources and creating events that spiritually strengthen families.
- Other responsibilities may be given as determined by the gifting and abilities of the person in the role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant ministry experience (worship and/or family ministries)
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading volunteers
- Background in theatre (writing, acting, directing, stage management, design, etc)
- Proven experience building and managing effective teams
- Previous experience working at a large church (750+)
- Experience working in a camp setting, especially developing programming for Christian summer camps.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Musical proficiency (both vocal and instrumental)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Public speaking
- Collaborative team player who naturally motivates and encourages others
- Proficient computer skills in Mac software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Confidentiality, emotional and relational intelligence
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proactive in building relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints
- Dependable, responsible and self-motivated
- Ability to make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
Authentic dedication to spiritual maturity in Christ with a track record of Christ-like behavior, including:
- Knowing the Story
- Trusting the Author
- Living with Margin
- Thriving in my Family Role
- Thriving in my Kingdom Role
Commitment to MPC’s mission, values, and leadership. This includes embracing and encouraging a culture that is:
- Safe yet Dangerous
- Fun yet Intentional
- Confident yet Humble
Personal drive to be a self-starter with initiative and a strong work ethic
Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
Emotional and relational intelligence
Personal pursuit of healthy biblical relationships
Ability to collaborate and be team player
Positive attitude that motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior or Executive Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the participation
of the person holding this position
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Mountain Park Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer