Crosspoint Community Church
Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries
Job Title: Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries
Type & Date: Full Time / Effective Immediately
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministries
CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH:
Crosspoint Community Church (C3) is a vibrant and fast-growing church located about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Driven by a passion for outreach, we strive to restore, develop, and release people to fulfill their Christ-centered mission. Our
community averages around 1200 people each weekend and is continually growing and welcoming new people. For more information about us, please visit our website (www.crosspointwi.com).
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries will be the principal developer and overseer for all 3K-5K programming during our weekend services as well as the primary overseer of our midweek children’s programming. This includes the ability to modify
and write curriculum for the different programs. In addition to normal office hours this person will be expected to work Sunday mornings, Thursday nights, and a Saturday night rotation. They will champion partnering with parents and volunteers to encourage
a community committed to discipling children well.
The Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries will have strong relational skills—being able to recruit, coordinate, and empower a team of volunteers to carry out ministry as a church community. They also must be able to work on a team with other staff
members in the Children’s department and with staff members outside the Children’s ministry. This person will be a compassionate, highly adaptive leader with excellent organizational and administrative skills. He or she will have a passion for both equipping
parents to invest in their children and deepen their faith in Christ.
1. Program Development –?Oversee program development for 3K-5K and midweek programming as detailed below.
3K-5K Grade (Mini Kidz):
C3 Children’s Ministries offers programming tailored specifically for 3K-5K.
The supervisor for this program will be responsible for developing and executing programming consistent with the objectives of C3 Children’s Ministry while creatively collaborating with staff and families to engage students throughout the year, as well as
to prepare them for Mighty Kidz programming.
C3 Children’s Ministries currently offers a midweek program aimed at uniting families and encouraging spiritual practices at home. The supervisor for midweek programming will be responsible for developing, strengthening and executing midweek programming
consistent with the objectives of C3’s Children’s Ministry. This individual will also be responsible for working closely with parents to ensure suitable programming for healthy partnership in discipling children.
2. Team Development – Recruit, coordinate and nurture a team of volunteers committed to discipling 3K-5K children and supporting one another as Christ’s body.
3. Special Events – Collaborate with other staff to plan, produce and execute inviting and meaningful family events and experiences within C3 Children’s Ministry (Easter Jam, Jingle Jam, VBS, children’s programming on holiday weekends and
special services, etc.).
4. Assisting the Director of Children’s Ministry - Assume the responsibilities of the Director of Children’s ministry in their absence (Sundays, midweek, while on vacation). Offer support and help to the Director in any extra tasks and responsibilities
required (researching, prepping and setting up for seasonal things, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Passion and experience leading and teaching children.
- Solid understanding of the Bible and the ability to articulate the Gospel.
- A grasp of child development and ability to facilitate age appropriate spiritual growth.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills—including the ability to develop and nurture effective relationships with children, families and ministry team members.
- Strong organizational skills—including the ability to efficiently and effectively plan and manage multiple details for ongoing weekend and midweek programming (set goals, delegate tasks, assess progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure success)
- High personal motivation and willingness to work long hours when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills - including the ability to work with our database and check in system
If interested, please send a resume with references and a statement of your testimony to Cameron@crosspointwi.com.