CHURCH OVERVIEW: Fellowship Bible Church was planted in 2003 from Olathe Bible Church, in nearby Olathe, KS. Fastforward almost 15 years, we are now a church that meets in two locations. Our original campus is still in Gardner, KS and
we launched our second campus in September of 2014, in Baldwin City, KS. FBC's purpose is to be CENTERED on God and His Word, CONNECTED to God and His church, CALLED by God to His ministry, and COMMISSIONED by God to His world. You can find out more about
who we are at www.gardnerfbc.org. There you will find our Confession of Faith, our leadership structure, current staff, along with past sermons (to get a feel for our teaching) and other information about the church.
COMMUNITY OVERVIEW: Gardner is a suburb just 30 minutes southwest of downtown Kansas City and just minutes away from other major Johnson County cities. Gardner is a growing town of about 21,000 people. Additional info about Gardner can
be found at www.gardnerkansas.gov.
POSTION SUMMARY: The Worship Pastor will work closely with the pastoral staff, Campus Pastor and Lead Pastor in organizing, leading and developing the corporate and various worship ministries of Fellowship Bible Church. This is a full-time
position that will report directly to the Gardner Campus Pastor.
QUALIFICATIONS: He must be spiritually mature. As a pastor of FBC he must meet the qualifications set out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He should be humble, detail oriented, and team-oriented in his approach to ministry as well as being
a person who can both provide and follow leadership. He must possess excellent musical abilities, administrative abilities and leadership competencies to lead worship, build teams, teach skills and shepherd people. Some form of musical training (bachelor’s
degree or worship training school) with previous worship leading experience is required.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Organize and oversee corporate worship services:
- Lead corporate weekend worship services at Gardner Campus, while occasionally leading at the Baldwin City Campus if needed.
- Coordinate worship services with worship technical teams (Lyrics-ProPresenter, Sound, Video).
- Create worship schedules and set-lists for all services and special events in Planning Center, as well as, organize/edit Click/Loop tracks for those services, or special events.
- Work with the Gardner Campus Pastor to ensure adequate equipment is provided for all worship ministries.
Lead worship volunteer teams:
- Lead and shepherd worship team volunteers.
- Oversee and direct worship team rehearsals.
- Continually cast big-picture vision to worship volunteers.
- Identify, recruit and develop leaders, musicians and vocalists for the FBC worship team.
- Train and develop new musicians to join the worship team.
- Champion worship throughout the church, especially as it relates to music.
Develop the worship ministries and personnel of FBC:
- Organize and facilitate training sessions and seminars for the growth of the worship team members.
- Arrange, and if possible, write worship songs for the worship services of FBC.
- Be a partner in identifying and developing worship team leaders on all FBC campuses.
- Enhance and expand the repertoire of music and worship arrangements.
IN GENERAL: The Worship Pastor will participate, with his family, in the life and ministry of the church, while assisting the Lead Pastor and the Campus Pastors in fulfilling the mission, goals and initiatives of Fellowship Bible Church.
APPLYING: To apply please send the following to email@example.com
-resume that includes a picture of you (and your family if applicable)
-any links to online resources for us to "get to know you better" (i.e. personal website, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
-video, or video links of you leading worship
All materials sent in will be considered by our serach team in the hiring process.