WHO IS ONELOVE CHURCH?
OneLove is a community that people far from God love to experience! The culture of the church is centered on "Helping People Find & Follow Jesus. OneLove is known in the community as the place to go if you do not go to church. OneLove was founded in 2011
in Eugene, OR out of a heart To Help People Find and Follow Jesus.
Meeting in a local high school, OneLove began to gain traction in the community, and in June of 2012 moved into warehouse space leased from a local Christian school. Attendance continued to grow as people came to experience OneLove as a place where it’s
okay not to be okay. Through a consistent emphasis on grace and an intentional focus on evangelism, many people have come to understand how God wants to be a part of their lives—wherever they are, whoever they might be. OneLove is a safe place to hear a dangerous
Growth has been further fueled by adding a second service, a groundswell of social media and word of mouth. A message series entitled, “Church Sucks” gained local and regional news attention and sparked curiosity and created another wave of interest in the
unique approach of OneLove. Consistently, Eugenians have discovered a unique church, using an attractional worship model of secular music, creativity, and application-oriented teaching. No matter the method, the message is clear—Jesus is the way.
In August 2015, OneLove's founding pastor of 5 years moved on. The transition brought some difficult challenges to OneLove. However, in October 2016 OneLove brought in a new Lead Pastor. Since then, the church has seen a resurgence in attendance, energy
& growth. The church remains committed to its mission and is eager to keep growing and moving forward.
OneLove meets in retrofitted warehouse space leased from Eugene Christian School. OneLove’s auditorium seats up to 375 people and has a 33X44’ stage with production room attached. The auditorium space is permanent but children’s ministry and hospitality
are set up and torn down each week. The church also has offices and meeting areas on site.
LOCATION & COMMUNITY
OneLove is located in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Eugene is a classic college town, with a metropolitan-area population of more than 300,000 people. Known as “Tracktown, USA” Eugene has a reputation of being a huge track
and field destination and also is home to the Oregon Ducks and the University of Oregon. There are roughly 20,000 students that attend UO. Go Ducks!
You'll find that Eugene is small enough to bike across but large enough to offer galleries, music venues, and great restaurants. Eugene is an hour away from the coast, an hour from the mountains and is a center for outdoor activities. Outdoor recreation
is key to the Eugene lifestyle, with rivers to run, mountains to snowboard, rocks to climb, trails to hike, and an ocean to surf, all within easy reach. The heart of Eugene is also home to a diverse community and there are a wide variety of arts and culture
to experience. Eugene has more working artists, writers, and musicians per capita than Portland. In addition to arts and sports, the Willamette Valley is a Mecca for local wineries, craft breweries, and amazing local cuisine.
OneLove holds to an evangelical theology but is very non-traditional in approach. Sunday services are held at 9:30 am & 11:00 am. Services include worship music, creative elements, use of video, & pop culture songs. Currently, a typical Sunday has an adult
experience plus, nursery, preschool, elementary & middle school ministry. In addition to Sunday mornings, OneLove offers Small Groups that meet weekly around the community.
OneLove Church is seeking a creative/worship Pastor that will also oversee our student ministry. This position is for a creative/worship Pastor first and the student ministry responsibilities are relatively modest.
The Pastor in this position will have a heart for connecting with the unchurched in a way that helps them find & follow Jesus. He/she will be able to communicate the gospel in a compelling way both through the spoken word and through music. Additionally,
he/she must be a leader of leaders and able to cast vision and develop people to higher levels of leadership. Lastly, he/she must be able to think systematically and promote the creative process & plan for OneLove.
The Creative/Worship position has the following responsibilities:
- Casting vision to the band, production, youth leaders, students & parents.
- Recruit & train both volunteer & paid musicians and tech team leaders.
- Communicate effectively at leadership gatherings.
- Lead the band, develop worship sets, and create sacred moments during the weekly services.
- Oversee the production side at OneLove, including multi-tracks, lighting, sound, and media presentations.
- Relate to kids from 6th - 12th grade.
- Develop volunteer leaders in the youth ministry.
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus.
- Manage OneLove processes & systems already in place.
- Vision cast with Lead Pastor & executive team on improving processes & systems.
Potential candidates for both positions must meet the following criteria:
- Has experience leading leaders in a church setting. Prior staff experience helpful.
- Been a staff member at a church of any size OR high-level volunteer leader at a church of 500 or more.
- Has sing lead vocals effectively & play an instrument proficiently. (Electric guitar is a plus).
- Has some understanding of the technical aspects of modern worship ministry, including multi-track software, lighting, sound, etc.
- Is willing to learn how to operate Ableton software to help produce multi-tracks, lighting cues, lyric videos etc.
- Has a ministry degree or is willing to accept theological training.
- Holds to an evangelical theology(broadly speaking).
- Enjoys the approach of pastors such as Andy Stanley & Craig Groeschel.(If you're thinking, "Who?" don't apply).
- Enthusiastic about an attractional approach to ministry ( high production, pop culture songs, practical (but biblical) messages.
- Can operate effectively in an extremely liberal, extremely unchurched community.
- Can pass a background check.
The position will be competitively compensated based on experience and qualifications. In addition to salary/housing allowance, other benefits may be offered.
To find out more about OneLove Church or to learn about our doctrinal beliefs, mission/vision/values, or other ministries, please visit the church's website at www.theolc.org.
Candidates should send the following:
- Media examples of your vocal & musical abilities (candidates without media samples will not be considered).
-Other materials such as teaching videos & other technical or creative abilities you have is a huge plus.
- Desired salary range
If after prayerfully reviewing this information, you sense this role and church culture could be a good fit for you, please contact Eric Fuller at email@example.com.