Elementary Minister, Part-Time Non-exempt position
- Reports to: Next Gen Pastor
- Relates closely to: Elementary Ministry team, Preschool Ministry team
- Purpose of this Position: To provide leadership, under the direction of the Next Gen Pastor, to the Elementary Ministry and its volunteers in order to accomplish the Proverbs 22:6 vision (developing kids into C2 disciples who faithfully walk with Jesus
their entire lives) in the lives of kids ages 5-12 or grades k-5, creating, organizing, and directing appropriate programs for the accomplishment of this purpose.
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Holding Scripture as their authority for understanding God, humanity, and the world
- A Caring heart for all people, who have been created in God’s image
- A lifestyle of sharing Christ with the lost
- Understanding the importance of missions, taking the Gospel to the ends of the earth
- Understanding change as an opportunity
- Seminary Degree in Religious Education or a related degree is preferred
- A calling and care for elementary age kids
- Experience in leading age appropriate groups
- Knowledge of best practices for developing disciples
- Administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Leadership skills
- Participate in Kids’ Ministry team: Working with Kids Ministry Team to achieve ministry goals, developing a well-rounded ministry supportive of our church’s Vision, Mission Statement and Pathway, while together
building relationships with parents and volunteers
- Oversee the Grow Group Experience on Sunday morning: Recruit, schedule and equip volunteers to fill grow group leader and assistant positions. Oversee the communication of and distribution of curriculum.
- Curriculum: oversee the communication and distribution of curriculum to volunteers. This includes overseeing the stocking of classrooms and resource room for the grow group leaders, as well as, providing
and distributing resources to parents
- Manage Elementary volunteers:recruiting and scheduling volunteers for every position for all Elementary services and events. Prepare and track paperwork for volunteers (application and background check). Providing
consistent and effective communication with Volunteers
- Caring for Elementary Volunteers: appreciation and pastoral care of volunteers
- Participate in planning eventsto enhance elementary ministry on Sunday morning to coincide with holidays (Christmas, Easter, Kick-off Sunday)
- Planning Children’s Ministry Events: Assisting in management and planning of all Kid’s Ministry Events (ex: VBS, FX, Invasion Sunday).
- Oversee communication with parents: Continue regular communication with parents with the purpose of creating a “parent supportive” environment for the families attending our ministries.
- Assist in maintaining elementary portion of website and Social Media accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Next Gen pastor, Executive Director, or Lead Pastor.
· Conservative theological views in complete agreement with Baptist Faith and Message
Alignment with Jersey Baptist Church vision