Thank you for your interest in the position here at Bethany. Below you will find the job description and a basic list of qualifications for anyone interested in applying for the position at Bethany. We are looking for someone that is a strong leader
and musician, but is open to learning the Bethany culture.
Our church is nearly 100 years old but continues to grow and reach new people all the time. We are a church of around 1400 people and have grown an average of 10% the last 4 years. We currently sing a mix of primarily new songs and mix in old
hymns and song reprises in creative arrangements that typically maintain the original melody. We focus on connecting people to God in our worship services by creating an environment where people can easily engage in the worship across multiple generations,
however our community has a heavy representation of families with children.
We are looking for someone to come in and help our current Worship Leader, who is also our Senior Executive Pastor, and grow into being our primary worship leader for the weekend services and special events. We need someone who is creative and
organized with the ability to train up other volunteer worship leaders, help the band and singers grow musically and spiritually, and chase after the vision of the church. Our ideal candidate would be someone who is a confident worship and band leader, but
someone who is also open to learning and engaging the culture and style of Bethany.
To apply please email all the following to Josh@bethanysite.com:
- A Cover Letter & Resume
- A link to a video of you leading worship in a church setting if you have one.
- A link to a video of you singing/playing your arrangement of a worship song and explanation of why you chose that song (webcam styles is ok).
- A list of references.
Associate Worship Leader
1. Education Bachelors Degree in music or ministry preferred but not required.
2. Experience Experience in leading a band of skilled musicians, leading worship in a large church consistently, and planning service flows.
3. Abilities Ability to lead worship vocally at a high level, lead the band musically, and lead from an instrument.
Ability to plan and produce high quality worship services with a good understanding of service flow, transitions, and reflective moments.
Ability to create songs, tracks, and arrangements in Abelton live or similar.
Ability to lead worship in a multi-generational setting with a good mix of mostly new songs and new arrangements of old songs and hymns.
Ability to see a project through from creation to completion.
4. Beliefs Profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and give evidence through a Christian lifestyle.
Endorse and support Bethany’s Affirmation of Faith, Core Values and Purpose listed on our website.
5. Character Desirable qualities include: creativity, initiative, follow-through, teachable spirit, discipline, integrity, and humility.
The general responsibility of the Associate Pastor of Worship is focused around helping to lead our congregation in worship regularly. They will work with Sr. Executive & Worship Pastor to lead the team of volunteer band and singers we have in preparing,
rehearsing, and executing our 4 identical services each weekend. They will help the volunteers to grow spiritually, and as musicians and singers. They will help to build a culture within our worship ministry of creativity and engagement.
- Following, championing, modeling, and supporting the staff leadership values.
- Interfacing with Executive Pastors and Senior Pastor to create and produce services each week and special events throughout the year.
- Creating tracks, chord charts, song demos, tutorials, and custom song arrangements as needed for band and singers.
- Working with our creative team to tie into themes of specific series, and messages.
- Creating custom arrangements, write original songs, create video underscores, and other music related elements as capable.
- Serving as a resource for mentorship and training for youth band and Worship leaders and lead students in worship occasionally.
- Meeting with and maintaining mutually supportive relationships with other staff.
- Reports to the Senior Executive Pastor
- Coordinates with Guest Services and other departments as a creative resource in all areas.
3. Works with, and potentially oversees Technical Director.