Directly Reports to: NN Lead Team / Lead Pastor
Indirectly Reports to: Executive Pastor
Work closely with: Director of Care Ministry
The Pastor of Premarital and Marriage Counseling will be responsible for the development and oversight of the premarital and marriage counseling ministry at Park. This position will provide leadership, vision, direction and management to Park’s ministry
to couples preparing for marriage and for those in need of marriage counseling.
- Implement the vision and strategy for the premarital and marriage counseling ministry at Park.
- Counsel and teach God’s Word from a thoroughly Gospel centered, Christo centric framework with the ultimate goal aim of life transformation.
- Provide leadership, including planning and oversight of the marriage preparation course at Park.
- Participate in the development, planning and execution of strategic events to enrich the marriages at Park.
- Build a team of lay leaders and volunteers to help implement the vision and execution of the premarital and marriage counseling ministry at Park.
- Work closely with the Campus Pastors in ensuring the health and growth of the marriages at their Campuses.
- Model and inspire others to live out the vision and mission of Park
- Model and inspire others to embrace Park’s desire to be “One Church in many neighborhoods”
- Collaborate and partner with the other Core ministries at Park to foster unity in reaching the city for Christ.
Required Experience and Skills
- Master’s Degree
- Theological consistency with the doctrinal statement of Park
- Proven ability to counsel, teach and minister the Gospel in the context of marriage preparation and marital challenges.
- Proven strong teamwork skills; ability to work cooperatively and jointly with various staff ministries, organizations and volunteers
- Proven ability to recruit, build teams, develop and lead volunteer leaders and staff when required
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
- Previous experience living and doing ministry in an urban environment
- Proven ability to grow a healthy, thriving ministry
- Must know how to navigate a city and find it as life-giving and not a life-taking experience
- Previous oversight and management of people and budgets
- Previous multi-site experience
- Masters level Biblical education
- Previous experience speaking to large groups of people
- Exhibit a strong level of management and administrative skills
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; to focus intently on a goal and love being a part of an entrepreneurial, innovative culture
- Must hold a gospel centered approach to life and leadership
Desired Gifts, Skills, Talents and Passions
- Must have leadership gifts with a shepherd’s heart with a redemptive and transformational leadership style
- Exhibit a growing passion for discipling and developing spiritually healthy individuals
- Must exhibit a teachable spirit and desire to grow personally
- Must have a gospel centered framework that is reflected in your communication both publically and privately and which produces a biblically sound ministry
- Must exhibit a contagious enthusiasm for thriving, vibrant marriages at Park
- Must have a desire to network and build strategic coalitions
- Must be comfortable and competent working in multi ethic and multicultural environments
- Perform general pastoral duties when necessary
- To live a life consistent with qualities laid out in 1 Timothy 3 for an elder
- To be in a small group and have an accountability partner
- To be intentionally fostering a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through your time in the Bible, prayer, and Christian community
- To become a Park Partner and to abide by the by-laws indicated in our partnership book
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel. (Living lives of holiness, purity, and free from addictions)
- To live in the city limits of Chicago