Open Door Bible Church is an Elder-led church and has been in ministry to the NW Louisiana area (Shreveport, LA) for over 50 years. We are a healthy, inter-generational church of 300+ with a need for a young, full-time pastor with a focus on leading and
growing our worship/music ministry (initially). This man will serve as a Pastor-Elder with oversight of another major ministry area (to be identified later, based on what other skills he brings to the table, i.e. youth, small groups, discipleship, young couples,
Our blended, contemporary worship is comprised of a committed volunteer leader and musicians who have been leading and serving together for some time. We have an average of 150-175 in our worship and have two services on Sunday mornings. Open Door is entering
the last phase of a very healthy, long-term transition plan of our pastors, and our next pastor will help shepherd and lead us.
If you’d like to apply:
- Please send your resume and a brief cover letter or letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review our statement of beliefs at www.opendoorbible.org. In the cover letter, please communicate that you have read and agree with these statements.
- If you have completed a spiritual gifts inventory, DiSC, and/or StrengthsFinder, feel free to include those in your resume, though it is not mandatory. If you haven’t completed any of these yet, these, along with a video of a rehearsal you lead may be
accomplished in the hiring process.
Though our desire is to respond to every resume sent, a response may be delayed a few days, though our goal is to do so within 3-5 days, regardless of whether you’ve been selected to move forward or not. If so, there will be additional documentation, a
questionnaire, and a video sample of a rehearsal requested (Please do not send those prior to a request).
Be a great servant leader and disciple
- As a pastor, must be a married man of Elder qualities (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- Have an intimate relationship with Christ with a heart for making disciples
- Must be a good shepherd and mentor, committed to developing others
- Must love the church and have a high relational ability
- Strong leadership ability/potential, with high emotional intelligence and collaborative skills
Be a great musician & Worship Leader(formally or technically trained)
- Plan and lead weekly Worship experience, in concert with the pastors
- Help us deepen our corporate worship experience and increase the creativity of our worship
- Have a heart for worship and praise, and be able to share that joy readily with our people
- Have a high level of vocal and instrumental skills and abilities, and the ability to develop others
- Other duties to be identified according to the needs of Open Door, as well as the candidate’s giftings, desires, and God’s direction for Open Door
- A desire to develop other areas of ministry leadership (youth, discipleship, evangelism, etc.)
- Participation in our small group ministry (Life Groups, D-Groups)
- Deep and growing love for God and for people, both Christian and the lost.
- Evidence of a strong spiritual life and emotional health
- Man of the Word and of prayer
- Demonstration of regular study and discipleship
- Reliance on the Holy Spirit
- Relatively self-aware and transparent
- Lead your family well
- A Masters degree with a specialization in worship ministry is ideal, but not required. A few years of Worship Leadership experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Consistent experience leading worship within the Church or parachurch organization.
- Outgoing, energetic, highly relational leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to long-term ministry