Job Title: Associate Tech Arts Director
Job Purpose: The Associate Tech Arts Director is a member of the Worship Ministry staff and reports to the Tech Arts Director. The primary purpose of the Associate Tech Arts Director is to serve and assist with the technical execution of
worship services, productions and special events held at Bay Area Church and Bay Area Christian School. The Associate Tech Arts Director will embrace and embody the mission of Bay Area Church to “make disciples, equip families and serve the world with
the gospel of Jesus Christ’, and will provide direction to Tech Arts volunteers, challenging them to achieve a high level of excellence in communicating the Gospel of Jesus Christ through audio, lighting, broadcast, and web platforms. The position
is a full-time salaried position in the Worship and Tech Arts Ministry and reports to the Tech Arts Director.
Direct Reports: Volunteers, contract labor when necessary.
Team Assignments: Worship Staff
- The Associate Tech Arts Director will work closely with student ministry and the school.
- The Associate Tech Arts Director will exhibit respect and honor to all church staff at every level and will strive at all times to maintain a team approach to ministry with colleagues.
Major Requirements Include:
- Maintain a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as demonstrated by their faithfulness in personal devotions and Bible
studies, and a strong commitment to serve Him daily
- Assist in leading monthly devotions for volunteer staff serving in Worship and Tech Arts
- Assist in counseling volunteers serving Worship and Tech Arts regarding spiritual issues in their lives
- Possess the ability to multitask a broad range of projects and assignments and meet deadlines in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with supervisors, department team members, co-workers, volunteers and contractors
- Demonstrate reliability and creativity
- Assist in the recruitment and training of Tech Arts volunteers
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to capitalize on opportunities to improve services and production
- Demonstrate maturity in the ability to separate emotions from the issues at hand
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Serves as a primary FOH engineer for our weekend services
- Manages and directs all aspects of production for weekly school events
- Manages and directs all aspects of production for weekly student ministry events and services
- Assists in all aspects of production for our weekly Sunday morning services
- Attends weekly Tech Arts Department meetings and provides important input in related to the Tech Arts support for our worship services.
- Creates and manages the inventory of all AVL assets
- Designs and implements stage designs
- Assists in designing, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all technical systems and equipment (audio, video, lights, presentation and projection)
- Assists in creative video work as assigned
- Other duties, as assigned by the Technical Arts Director
This position does not directly supervise employees but does work with volunteers and must have an understanding that volunteers are key to the ministry of the church, and the employee must have a heart to recruit, train, equip and support volunteers in
fulfilling their roles.
Associate’s degree, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent mix of education and experience.
In addition, at least 2 years of related experience:
- Live sound mixing with a band
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical systems
- Proven ability to lead, develop, and train technical volunteers